How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scheduled auto-post messages/notifications on channels

Our teams posts routine updates/notifications on our channel (mainly posting who is the POC for the team on that day). It would be nice if we can schedule a specific message to be posted on specific timings (or even better if customizable messages for different timings) for automation.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bengie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon Bassett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS THIS THIS. The flow solution shows as "User has posted Card". The notification should be the message.

• Scott Spiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this. I hate having to post things on the weekends when I'm working because I know my Team will see this and it will be distracting. It's a terrible workflow. Just as you can delay delivery of emails in Outlook, you should be able to schedule comments/posts inside of Teams.

In this way, if there's something that I don't need to be addressed until Monday morning, I can simply schedule the post to appear at that time. Super important. (the only work around to this is to schedule a delayed delivery email message to a specific channel, but that's a clunky solution as Teams will not recognize a "@teamname" or "@user" in the email and setup notifications appropriately

• Vinney Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe there aren't more votes on this. I use to use this feature a bunch in Slack. The typical scenario: I'm working on something after hours and I need to ask/tell one of my team members something important but not immediately urgent. Since I don't want it to risk disturbing them, I would schedule a message to go out in the morning. This way I can do the work of communicating the thought at the time when I'm thinking about it and still maintain the curtesy of respecting my manager/coworker's personal time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be very helpful for teachers to use with their classes. It would improve their workflow and efficiency.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You might be able to do this already with Microsoft Flow as that has a schedule-based trigger and can create a post in a Teams channel

Feedback and Knowledge Base