How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scheduled auto-post messages/notifications on channels

Our teams posts routine updates/notifications on our channel (mainly posting who is the POC for the team on that day). It would be nice if we can schedule a specific message to be posted on specific timings (or even better if customizable messages for different timings) for automation.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bengie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott Spiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this. I hate having to post things on the weekends when I'm working because I know my Team will see this and it will be distracting. It's a terrible workflow. Just as you can delay delivery of emails in Outlook, you should be able to schedule comments/posts inside of Teams.

In this way, if there's something that I don't need to be addressed until Monday morning, I can simply schedule the post to appear at that time. Super important. (the only work around to this is to schedule a delayed delivery email message to a specific channel, but that's a clunky solution as Teams will not recognize a "@teamname" or "@user" in the email and setup notifications appropriately

• Vinney Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe there aren't more votes on this. I use to use this feature a bunch in Slack. The typical scenario: I'm working on something after hours and I need to ask/tell one of my team members something important but not immediately urgent. Since I don't want it to risk disturbing them, I would schedule a message to go out in the morning. This way I can do the work of communicating the thought at the time when I'm thinking about it and still maintain the curtesy of respecting my manager/coworker's personal time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be very helpful for teachers to use with their classes. It would improve their workflow and efficiency.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You might be able to do this already with Microsoft Flow as that has a schedule-based trigger and can create a post in a Teams channel

Feedback and Knowledge Base