How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Search content by partial strings

We are not able to use a partial string when searching in conversations or for names of files shared in conversations. Example: file name is "Collaboration Productivity Overview." I can use one of these words and find the file, but I cannot use part of a word such as "collab" or "Prod" and locate the file. It finds onlt references that used these exact characters. This becomes a problem when we are looking for reference to a client, whose name is spelled in several different ways by different users. If we could enter just the first few letters, or use a wildcard, it would allow us to find the information. If we have to guess how it was spelled in the conversation, or in the file name, then we will miss references to the client.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed the Teams app for iOS allows for partial word search. In your example above, "collab" would produce results in the Mobie app, but the same exact search in Windows app does not :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, that is 100% needed. Very troublesome to find the appropriate material in Teams without that ability.

Feedback and Knowledge Base