How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

OneNote Search

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

52 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kamal Dhaliwal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, if you use the general Teams search bar, and get OneNote results back in the 'Files' section, it only links to the section. If it linked to the actual page, then you wouldn't have to do the search again from the OneNote section itself.

• Shaun Cassells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search of OneNote is available via Delve. it would be great to have the Teams search to hook into the same APIs.

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I want to create a knowledge base pointing to key conversations in channel with comments and searchable keywords, and planned to do this in the Notes feature, but then the items are not searchable. This is very poor functionality

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you press ctrl + f while on one note where you can select which page it will show you a search bar. This is broken and I hope it gets fixed soon

Feedback and Knowledge Base