How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

OneNote Search

Hi Team,

I created a OneNote Document in Teams. There's no option to search in that document. It requires to open document in OneNote online or OneNote application to be able to search.

Please Fix this issue!

81 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kamal Dhaliwal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CTRL + F only allows search of present page. Really need to be able to search "this notebook" to match functionality in OneNote

• Allen Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in OneNote I can search all of my OneNote document. Even after including several of the OneNotes into a Team Project the search still only searched the Open OneNote. I would like to see the search span all the OneNotes I can access.

• RobinInOR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, if you use the general Teams search bar, and get OneNote results back in the 'Files' section, it only links to the section. If it linked to the actual page, then you wouldn't have to do the search again from the OneNote section itself.

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I want to create a knowledge base pointing to key conversations in channel with comments and searchable keywords, and planned to do this in the Notes feature, but then the items are not searchable. This is very poor functionality

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you press ctrl + f while on one note where you can select which page it will show you a search bar. This is broken and I hope it gets fixed soon

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.