How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Option to remove guest account (under Your accounts) from Microsoft Teams

As a guest, I cannot remove a guest account (under Your accounts) from my Microsoft Teams. I can leave all teams, I'm a guest member of, but I'm stuck with the account.

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hans Hoffmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've opened a premier support ticket for this issue and submitted logs. Cant believe this has been a known issue for over a year and Microsoft has not fixed this. How long can a product be in "development".
        I enjoy the direction the company is heading but at some point our end users need a stable release to work in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have asked and been removed from the Host Domain Azure AD. Now I don't have access to the team site but it still shows in my Team application. The worst part is now if I accidentally click into my guest account it tries to load and eventually crashes the Team desktop. The only way I can get Teams back up is to restart the computer.

• Janne Karaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stuck with two guest accounts which are not needed anymore. How can I remove them? I have a constant notifier (the red ball with white number 1 inside) now in my Teams app both on phone and desktop app. So annoying, how to remove?

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely unbelievable that the option to leave a team you're a guest of doesn't exist. I have a user that joined a rogue team that they now cannot leave. Microsoft support is totally useless and can't help; I even provided them the email address of the scam team admin and they won't do anything about it.

• Jarno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, it's very annoying. The account should automatically be removed (or at least hidden) if the (guest) account is no longer member of any team

• SimonS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep this is a pain. You have to get the host domain admins to remove the respective guest user account from their Azure AD domain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base