Bose Bluetooth headphones keeps dropping during meeting
Almost every meeting I attend on Microsoft Teams forces my Bose wireless headphones to disconnect during the meeting on my 2016 Macbook pro. Not only does it disconnect, but it unmutes my speakers on the Macbook so everyone in the office can hear what's happening in the meeting. It only happens on Teams and is really rather unacceptable. I avoid teams as much as possible as a result.
Hello. On some headsets if you move the volume to max and then back to normal it changes again to teams and starts working properly. Headsets that have dual modes (headset mode and music listening mode) have this issue. I have read that headsets with usb dongles work better.
Mark Looman commented
What helped for me:
- In the Android Bose Connect app: set the Stand-by timer to "Never".
- In Win10 Settings > Bluetooth: Disconnect and remove all Bose headphones (sometimes there's a LE, a headphone and a headset).
- On the headphones, hold the on slider button for 10 seconds until the pairing list is cleared.
- In Device Manager > Bluetooth: uninstall the Bose devices (and maybe also the RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
- For the device "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)" download the latest driver from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005489/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
- In Settings > Bluetooth: pair your Bose headphones again (not the LE) and let the drivers install automatically
- right click the Speaker icon from teh toolbar, choose Sounds
- in the Playback tab, right-click the Headset and set it as Default Device
- in the Recording tab, right-click the Bose Headset and set it as Default Communication Device
Yeah, I just updated to a new version of Zoom yesterday and since my bluetooth mouse has been having problems staying connected. I never had the problem before the update. So to me it sounds like a problem with bluetooth connections and video conferencing software. I blame the Zoom update because it is the only variable that changed for me.
Hi, my guess is that it has to do with the following configuration :
* bluetooth headphone (mine is a bose QC35 II)
* windows computer (does not happen with my mac or my ipad)
* while in conference (does not happen while just listening to music
I suspect it has to do with the fact that headphone, while listening to music, are considered as Stereo headphone, not considering the input mic.
When a conference will start, be it teams, or meet, or workplace... the audio settings switch to Handfree Headset... and there will start the problems every 20 to 45 minutes...
F***ing windows bluetooth and sound management.
Anyone succeeded in solving this problem ? I am thinking about switching def to macOS...
Same behaivior her: Huwai FreeBuds 3I, Win 10 pro, Surface Pro 7. Sound for hours, Teams for minutes...
I have to switch to speaker and switch back to headphones... Anoying isn´t complained enough.
I have a very similar prob. Anytime I use TEAMS or ZOOM with any bluetooth headset the audio cuts out between 2 and 5 mins. The mic still works and people can hear me. I've tried EVERYTHING. My laptop is less than 2 months old. I contacted HP and they troubleshooted and said it was a Zoom issue. It's super annoying. I'm starting to think it's an issue with the version of Zoom or teams because when I use an old version of Zoom on my other laptop no issues.
4Paw Jess commented
Same on the Sennheiser PCX550s with HP EliteBook running Win10 - after around 50 mins. Full reboot fixes but annoying.
This is happening with my Surface headphones while on Teams using a MacBook. I do not have other devices contending for the device via bluetooth -- they are all turned off. I confirmed firmware is up to date on Surface headphones. I lose connection to Teams mid meeting while talking. They remain connected to my MacBook and are powered on. Power cycling brings them back online. Suppppper frustrating.
Marie Andersson commented
Same thing for Jaybird Tarah Pro headset. 2-5 min connection before dropping out. Has anyone seen a suggestion or reply from Teams on this issue?
Magnus Axelsson commented
We having the same issue at work, we have 5 Surface Pro with Bose 700 with problems at all of them.
Harley Cole-Puls commented
having this issue with evolve e75. Very irritating, and only seems to happen with teams
Same issue with my new Taotronics headset which was bought specifically for Teams meetings. At first I thought it was the headset's problem, but then I did the following troubleshooting steps and I believe it's Team's issue:
1. the same Taotronics headset works flawlessly if I join Teams meeting using my Android app.
2. I used another pair of bluetooth headset to join the meeting from Windows 10 the audio worked fine but the microphone cuts out some times (which is why I bought the new headset to replace it).
3. when the audio is lost during the meeting, I clicked on the three dots menu -> device setting, toggle the audio device to windows speakers then back to Taotronics. the audio would reconnect (but would drop after a few minutes again).
4. when the headset is used to play music or video from the computer, the audio stay connected for hours. it's only a problem when using Teams.
Windows 10 64 bit version, updated to the latest version. Dell Precision 5520 with Intel i7 processor, 32GB RAM, 240 GB SDD.
I'm having the same issue with my MPOW headset. Its Bluetooth and every time I get stuck on hold and everything freezes. I think theres some sort of Bluetooth issue with teams.
Mike Ellison commented
Surface Book 2, Bluetooth Microsoft keyboard, mouse and Galaxy Buds Plus. Sometimes just stutters other times all the devices will disconnect. Have to use the SB2's keyboard and touchpad sometimes.
Plantronics C720 via bluetooth on a Samsung S10+ with MS Teams App
Try changing the settings in the bose connect app and updating the firmware. Had the same issue and now its working perfectly
Im having the exact same issue as Jason.
My iphone constantly disconnects and reconnects while on the Teams call. It occurs when I have these bluetooth headphones connected to *both* my HP probook G5 laptop (Win10 v1809) and my iPhone 11 (iOS 13.4) and I have a Teams call - I am listening and talking through the Bose. Several minutes in, all of a sudden, the Bose will announce, "iPhone disconnected", and then immediately "iPhone connected". And will keep doing that - and each time, I can't hear what the other person is saying. Then it randomly will cut out from Teams. I turn the bluetooth off on the iphone, but then my headset will just cuts out from teams again. It seems to happen to me when toggling between Teams and Chrome.
I have the same issue with my Bose NC 700 and Beoplay H8. What has sometimes worked is making sure that the audio output is set to 'Headphones' as opposed to 'Headset'. Not perfect, but helps.
Michael Sowell commented
I only have problems with the Android app. Disconnect occurs on my galaxy tab s4 and samsung A5 phone while using Bose sound sport and / or bose 700
Jack Webster commented
Managed to get the Bose QC IIs working, version 1.3.00.8663.
Unfortunately every time there is a notification, it mutes the meeting conversation.