How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

930 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan Hall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I just did a workshop on Teams today and this issue came up alle the time.
        It's a real killer for an othervice nice feature in Teams.

Maybe I am missing something but I do not see the ability to add a SharePoint documents library at all under Files Tab in teams. Strange you can add Dropbox. Box, Google Drive and Sharefile but not Sharepoint

• Riaan Nel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bug.
        We created a channel in teams and then had to rename it.
        After renaming the channel, the File link pointed to another folder for some strange reason.
        The files are still in the SP folder but just this one channel is screwed.
        PLEASE allow us to select the correct SP folder for this channel else TEAMS is not worth pursuing.

• Heikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also an issue: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36850756-in-the-desktop-version-via-add-cloud-storage-ad?

Subject: In the desktop version, via "Add cloud storage" added sharepoint folder is not showing in ios/andoroid app files section

Text: When I add cloud storage to channel files in desktop version, it works fine and shows up as file tree. BUT(!) when I open teams in ios/android app, and check the files in the channel, the mentioned cloud storage is missing.

This is a huge challenge. Here is what we need. We want to place a document from SP in a Teams Channel page. If we upload it..that breaks the link to SP so edits made to one doc are not carried through to the other. Folders would be great. Like here is the folder for sales brochures in Teams but also it is a sub folder in SP.

• Andrew Topp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be default functionality - embarrassing it's something that has to be begged for by the community.

this is essential we have an existing site document library that has hundreds of subfolders and having access to teams to sub folder level is crucial to avoid Teams being seen as poor experience for users.

We were thinking of transferring into teams, but this is definitely a dealbreaker issue for us. Two years have passed and still no solutions...

• TylerM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this issue please be resolved quicker? Can an admin please provide any updates as to why this is taking 2 years to complete?

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per below, we really need this to use Teams effectively. Wont be able to adopt fully until this is possible.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please start working on this ASAP and take it off the backlog. Seeing SharePoint files rather than the library level of folder would be GREAT!

This would be a game-changer for us, and would definitely increase the amount of time users stayed inside Teams. In fact, if implemented well, I'm not sure anyone would collaborate outside of Teams at all.

We need this feature !!

Our teams would greatly benefit from working only in the Library Sub-Folders they are meant to work in, instead of browsing through the entire Library every time they need to lookup/store/edit a document.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base