How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow activity, chat and channels to be filtered by date only, no search text

Allow activity, chat and channels to be filtered by date only, no search text. In the current implementation you are required to enter search text before the date filter is available. Users should be allowed to filter by date without the need to enter other search criterial. Teams enables a large of communication to take place and is easy to fall behind, especially after being away from the office for vacations, training, or other reasons. Having the ability to filter by date without additional criteria would allow you to more easily catch up by showing a list of communication for "This Week" or "Yesterday" for activity, chats and channels.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Agustin Rodriguez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to track my time by the project, and sometimes when things get busy and I have to switch around I missing tracking some of my time and it would be a great benefit to be able to go into teams and search for all chats within a specific timeframe across all chats/channels to help me recall what things I discuss and with whom, without being required to specify other criteria. This would be very helpful. I'd like to be able to search for a specific day as well as a range of days. Preset searches of "this week" and "this month" would also be nice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.