How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Enable Microsoft teams for Government

Company: Florida Department of Corrections

Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Our Management is interested to use Microsoft Teams. We have Government E3 and F1 licenses. It would be nice if we can avail this feature.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pradeep Ghali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JustFlyRC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm chomping at the bit for this. As a member of a local government, I have worked with companies using Basecamp, which is similar. It promotes better communication, less meetings, and work gets done faster. It is great knowledge transfer tool to make us better at what we do. We have Office 365 and want to use Teams. So we keep tapping our fingers on the desk, and wait for its release.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved from Q1 to Q3 2018.
        It's certainly part of the regulatory environment around GOV tenants.
        As GOV tenants we are subject to stricter controls which means we tend not to be able to use things like SLACK or any other online services.

In this day and age - distributed teams - and again, due to GOV Tenant restrictions; our company has interpreted that to mean SKYPE chats can't be stored on O365 so ...if (or rather WHEN) SKYPE crashes I lose my chat conversation details and valuable information between team members.

I haven't used Microsoft Teams yet but I expect it's one of those modern services you have to provide to stay competitive.

• Tommy Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to understand why this is not available for Government licensing. I can't imagine that this is a technical reason (maybe a regulatory issue).

Not enabled for gov tenants--imaginez ma suprise! How long is this going to be on the roadmap--1.5 years like Planner?

It would be nice if this were accessible as a Government tenant. We'd like to start doing some testing.

• Russell Landrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if Government tenants could gain access to the Microsoft Teams App for all of its functionality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base