How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Enable scrolling through a channel with keyboard

When I'm working from home, I frequently am using a touchpad and keyboard for my work, so clicking on a scroll button and dragging is really hard and inconvenient.

Expected: When I click the pointer in a channel, a message should be selected, and the up and down arrows should move to the previous and next message, respectively.

Currently: Here is video.
0:01 I select the channel
0:04 move my pointer into the channel and click hoping to see a message selected.
0:07, 0:09 I move a little closer to a message, and click again and again. Still nothing.
0:10 I press the up arrow, and a message is selected
0:11- 0:20 I press the up arrow four more times, expecting _something_ to happen (ideally, select previous thread four times)
0:21 I press the down arrow out of desperation, and end up three months earlier. I don't know why I'm there or what I'm meant to do, but I'm having NO LUCK trying to see the third or fourth most recent thread (which has the status updates I wanted).

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Wiswell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Wiswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: I'm seeing keyboard navigation work now, but I'm not sure why it wasn't working at the time. The key bit seems to be getting the message selected in the first place. Once you're in the channel pane, Tab and Shift+Tab seem to help with getting to a message, then up arrow and down arrow seem to work as expected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base