How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

730 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both our HR Dept and the O365 Admins, which I am one of, want the ability to prevent Users from updating their picture in MS Teams. We use our badge pictures and have those pictures up in other applications. It can be confusing when a Users updates their picture in MS Teams and even though it is a professional photo, it still looks different than the badge photo. Sometimes to the point where you are sure it is 2 different people. Then there are those who put up photos that are not appropriate for a work environment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is inconceivable that there is no integration between O365 platforms for this feature. Since teams does not honor the policy, and in fact overwrites the picture in the other products, there are situations where inappropriate (NSFW) images can be deployed. If the OWA policy is set, then other products should honor it, and if it is not set, then have at it.

The 0365 suite seems more rinky-**** when you do things like this and it diminishes the product value.

• Eduardo Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's kinda crazy, why would you control what profile picture your employees want to use? Let them have fun with it!

We have disabled user changing of photos through OWA because we have an HR policy that requires profile photos to be approved and synced from our HR system. Now Teams provides them a way to circumvent that policy and inappropriate photos are slipping in.

As an individual I'd like to be able to disable the display of profile photos for my sessions. I don't want to see the photos/pictures when viewing content. I only want to see them when viewing a user's profile.

Speaking as an actual user of a chat service, and not as a distant administrator of an organization, I highly prefer the ability to customize my chat profile picture. I would much rather Teams allow the option to have picture just for Teams, and not global to the Office 365 platform.

• Ryan Pizzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My university has a policy on managing profile pictures and is causing a problem with Teams adoption until we can remove the ability to change their pictures. Please allow either a central way to manage profile picture permissions, respect the OWA mailbox policy, or add another spot to disable for Teams.

Teams should respect the OWA Mailbox Policy powershell setting which disables user photos.

Furthermore, if someone removes their picture from Teams, the default picture is not blank anymore! It has a graphic with the initials of the first and last name of the user! The only workaround at this point is to use the remove-userphoto cmdlet for each user. Removing the user photo should return the user photo to the state it was before: blank.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our users Active Directory photos are synced to O365 and are used as the profile photos within the applications. These photos are set by our HR department. The ability to change these photos for all applications has been disabled using the OWA Mailbox Policy powershell setting. Apparently, Teams does not play ball here - and our users are updating their pictures to things not appropriate for a work environment. Until this is resolved, Teams will not have a place in our organization.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base