How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

735 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Cutcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy, how can it take so long to fix this? Microsoft made 16.5 Billion dollars in profit last year. Hire more people to work on your shiney new projects such as Teams.

• Matt Derosia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why this is taking so long. Teams team cant collaborate with Exchange team?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think there is a PowerShell Script to block this feature tenant wide. PowerShell only offers cmdlets to change the profile picture of specific users, or am I missing something?

• Lucas Hunold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been half a year, there's even a PowerShell Script for it. How is it still not a button in the Admin Center?

• Jim King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blocking the ability for a user to change their photo in Teams is absolutely critical! You allow us to block it in OWA, but not Teams? Seems like it should be an easy fix.

This is a MUST HAVE feature for schools, since most schools won't be willing to use Teams if there is no way to prevent students from uploading their own profile pictures!

This is a MUST HAVE feature for schools, since most schools won't be willing to use Teams if there is no way to prevent students from uploading their own profile pictures!

• WayneBPL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Warren responded · Jan 31, 2018
    This feature update is in the works and it will most likely release within the 2018 calendar year."

It is 2019 now... any news?

This is a real shame.. no responses and this issue has been opened since 2017!

• A2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since long before computer systems existed, there are human rules, therefore, if we have an organization, from which we create rules that must be fulfilled, then why not create a basic rule that if a user changes the image of the profile is admonished?, because it complicates us so much for something so simple, that the systems department configure a photo appropriate to the profile of each user as a standard of the company and voila, I do not know why so much complication.

• BW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please fix this. O365 administration should not be this convoluted.

Feedback and Knowledge Base