How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

692 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

145 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this "still in the works" or is there anychance it's going to be implemented soon? Like with so many we'd disabled people being able to change their profile pictures, please can this implemented soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just finished fully implementing Teams at our company only to now find out that we put a technology in place that will re-enable the users ability to violate our policy! This has to be fixed. We need a global setting to disable the ability for users to change their picture in Teams now!

We cannot give our students access to Teams, if we cannot prevent them to change their profile picture. All students in our school have the same profile picture, which is very important for security reasons. This is really annoying and I'm sure, that many other schools are not willing to use Teams for the exact same reason!

• Matt Brinkhoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us disable this. We have resorted to a script that runs every day of the month and sets the Exchange Online picture to whatever is in the on-prem AD but the cloud powershell is so slow we can only do one letter of the alphabet a day.

• Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon Warren.....This is completely unacceptable. The moment the "2018 calendar year" ended, we should be provided an update. I don't understand why communication is so poor with this. And I can't imagine a fix for this would take a whole lot of time. All I'm asking for is an honest update. Because as of this time, I'm just assuming you don't care about this particular issue.

All they would have to do is update the app and teams site to disable the upload pic option and have a change pic link that goes to the user profile page that honors the policy in outlook/SharePoint. You do not need to give the users the option to change their pic every single place imaginable. This is an eco system of apps. Send users to a source of truth for making changes that is governable. This could be fixed in a day. Not in over two years. COME ON MS!!!!!

• John Shay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also load pictures from our HR app which are the same as the users badge pictures and would like a central repository for all pictures in O365. This has caused us unnecessary hours of extra work trying to deal with this since we migrated to O365 years ago!

• Kevin Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like many, I can not believe this is a thing! This is completely unacceptable. I contacted Microsoft Support who took no time to reach the conclusion it was not possible and, for now, offered no solution or work around.
    If this option can not be managed or secured, we need a patch NOW to remove this option altogether.
    For those interested, today the statement from Microsoft is: "I have checked internally and found this option still not available in Microsoft Teams. I have shared this feedback to our internal team"

• Jeff G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW, Teams and Groups are awful names. My end users have no idea what anyone is talking about anymore.

• Jeff G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this option. It’s set everywhere else in our environment, why isn’t teams on board yet. MVPs and Gold Partners have stopped speaking for the Business customers a long time ago. We need better controls, not less.

This is annoying, every time I figure out a way to block pictures from being uploaded. Microsoft finds a way to allow people to upload their pictures.

• Jose Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to restrict our users to change their photos using Teams. It is not worth implementing corporate policies if Teams will allow it.

• Jessie James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this enhancement? We have an existing workflow that requires manager approval before one can change their photo. This has created a loophole since migrating from Skype.

• Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be a setting that an organisation can choose to implement or not.

• Alan Chew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been 8 months since last update from Microsoft, I seriously think that we deserved an ETA date for this vital governance feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base