How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

509 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since long before computer systems existed, there are human rules, therefore, if we have an organization, from which we create rules that must be fulfilled, then why not create a basic rule that if a user changes the image of the profile is admonished?, because it complicates us so much for something so simple, that the systems department configure a photo appropriate to the profile of each user as a standard of the company and voila, I do not know why so much complication.

• BW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please fix this. O365 administration should not be this convoluted.

• Juraj Maksi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those interested, I devised a script and scheduled a job to run every hour that scrubs changed photos...

#finds mailboxes with custom photos and removes the photos
        $ids = $null
        $change = @()
        [array]$ids = Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | where HasPicture -EQ $true | Select -Property Name
        $Ids | foreach{
        [array]$change += $_.name + "<BR>"
        Remove-UserPhoto -Identity $_.Name -confirm:$False -verbose
        }
        #end finds mailboxes with custom photos and removes the photos

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So strange that Set-UserPhoto is not working in Teams
        i looking forward to this !

• Doug Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this needs changed. We have an employee directory built on SharePoint with pictures we set of our users. Use can change photo in Teams and it updates it in EXO & SPO, thus changing it in our employee directory. Worst of all as an admin, I can't change it back. I'll upload new pic to EXO and SPO only for it to revert right back. Please fix this Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was hoping that Microsoft actually listened and shut this down... Alas, same old Microsoft.

• Kazzan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be definitely consistent settings inside Microsoft 365 experience for users when IT sets this policy.

• Duane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we run the command for OWA does anyone know if that is a one time deal, or does it have to be ran more often?

Microsoft - When will you apply a fix or a way to limit the ability for any end user to change their profile picture?

• Kevin Oechsle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this, We use our Office365 pictures in our email signatures, and users changing their pictures messes that up, at least give us the option to stop users from changing their pictures from any program.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base