How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Anonymous Join for Meetings

Please allow for users to join meetings without signing in or the need for a guest account. It is not always necessary for the user to join the Team, but participate in a scheduled Teams meeting.

48 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sergio Nesbitt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until I can invite a guest that can use the web client and have the ability to AT THE VERY MINIMUM, share their screen, then I'm going to keep collaborating with GotoMeeting. If you want to take their market share, you need to get over this hurdle. I tried to download the app and install as a guest user. It was so much work with signup requirements and company setup. I'll never get one of my clients to go through that much work.

Why does MS always create something with so much potential and then give up on providing the essentials.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should not require users to log in to join a meeting anonymously. Needed for collaboration with people who dont necessarily have an O365 account, or who dont want to deal with an account, even if MS account. The SfB mobile app had this feature.

• David McKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. We have clients now, who join Skype for Business meetings using the web app, no problem. If we have to go through account creation for these types of users, it won't work.

By comparison we try to share a document in SharePoint with a user and give them edit control. 75% of the time this fails because of their confusion in needing to accept access to our AD, and then needing to accept access to the document, and needing to sign in with or create a Microsoft account. I am close to giving up on this.

If you can't make it as easy and simply sending the meeting (or document in SharePoint) invite to an external user, and have them click on the link to confirm they have access, we need to find an easier to use solution for our external one-time and occasional users.

• Alexander Babintsev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same there tried to schedule meeting and I have "some one from the meeting should let you in on both sides" no good at all

• Ulf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Release note from Feb 8th 2018 says: "Anonymous join is here

Need to meet with someone outside of your organization? No problem. This feature lets you send a Teams meeting invite to anyone with a valid email address (even if you're scheduling your Teams meeting from Outlook). When you invite someone, they'll receive an email containing instructions and a link to your meeting. Invitees won't need to download Teams, unless they want some extra functionality, like screen sharing." but it doesn't work! Either participant get the suggestion to download and install something, or the web site fails with "something went wrong" or they get asked to sign in ... Fail!

Feedback and Knowledge Base