How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow multiple profile instances of desktop version of Teams

I would love the ability to have more than one instance of the Teams desktop application running so that I can easily jump between information located in different places in Teams. As an example, today I can run multiple instances of Outlook allowing me to click on one instance to view emails and a second instance to view the calendar. This allows me to easily to windowed side-by-side comparisons and not "lose my place" from where I was looking at before if I want to look somewhere else in the application.

91 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Liam L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely. This very thing would help me with working simultaneously on multiple Organisations' teams sites.

• HackerJunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been trying to use TEAMS, but not being able to have more than one open is a deal breaker. In OneNote, i will have at least two open to be able to compare and it is also easier to move information from one location to a different location in OneNotes. Need this functionality in Teams!
        Also, once we tried using the conference capability, it really shows how bad it is that you can only have one open at a time. Somebody will be sharing and you want to navigate away to look up information in Teams and have to jump back and forth between the conference and the info elsewhere in Teams. :-(

• Thierry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are really two must have feature for Teams adoption in enterprise world :

- Do multiple things at a time ( N x Chat + N x File + 1 x Audio/Video )
        - Transparent ( or easy ) switch from one tenant to another

• Martinus Hamers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also handy when having your own account and having guest accounts on other tenants! So the different desktop apps should be able to login on different tenants too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be extremely helpful in a multi tenant/ customer scenario; now I need to keep switching acocunts; can't copy & paste data etc

Feedback and Knowledge Base