How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Copy entire message information

Please allow full message detail copying. For complete incident work within Teams, you should be able to copy the poster, date/time, and the message all into copy.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh VanDeraa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joar Ekendahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to copy several messages is a crucial feature. Why this isn't by default is beyond me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How in the world this feature can possibly be missing from Teams??? Even MSN and AOL had such basic functionality, and you can't provide it in 2018. So. Very. Frustrating.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype-like copying (both single and multi-message) is a must. I currently have to screenshot pieces of chats to send to teammates for things like issue details or random bug reports. This is far from ideal.

• kssandefur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an IMPERATIVE feature. As a workgroup Manager, I absolutely need to be able to copy dialog from a Teams Chat session and paste where ever I need it, i.e. another chat, an email, ticket notes, etc... I disagree that Skype was "great" for this, but It was better. When copying the text, I should be able to copy and paste with a clean format without having to spend any time at all to reformat just for clarity. Skype got that wrong also. But, it was better. So far, I hate teams overall and I tell everyone I can how much. It does have some decent tools but literally every other Collab tool out there does the whole package better. MS has got to get moving on the improvements or Teams just wont make it.

• Matt Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally it would be great if we could copy a single or multiple messages at a time. The way this was implemented in Skype was great! It was especially useful if you copied something from earlier in the chat and pasted it back in... It dropped in the time stamp of when you chatted it originally. It was a nice way to remind people to check the chat history before asking the same question

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a critical issue. Teams should, in my opinion be a work instrument and help speeding things up instead of slowing down. When chatting with collegues, one should be able to copy a few chats into an issue tracker. Preferable with name and timestamp included.

• Harry Stearns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I do a copy / paste to another app like I can do with chat in Skype? Having to copy/paste each msg line is nuts. I should be able to highlight a range of texts/msgs, copy, then paste into any other app (incl ALL office 365 apps). But this currently does not work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this software is very stupid for copy the entire message. When I tried to copy, a part of the message seem hidden.

Feedback and Knowledge Base