How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
1. Able to resize video preview
2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

176 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jarrod Bargmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The handling of participant video in Teams is a step back when compared to Skype for Business, which allowed you to pop out a participant's video, resize it and/or reposition. Teams does not permit those functions, which means we are stuck showing someone's video in a very small window and positioned where Teams think it should be, Sad that we can't take advantage of multiple monitors or very large monitors with LOTS of screen real estate that could be used to enhance the experience.

• Jason Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge deal for me. I participate in calls from a 43" monitor, yet the video feed during presentations is limited to about a 1.5" thumbnail.

• Chris Ficek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support the enhancements because it is very difficult for me to lip-read users when the presenter is screen sharing. I either have to toggle back and forth but then I miss out on what was being said because it takes a while for the video to load (after toggling between screens). If we had the flexibility like what we had with Skype, it would allow me to separate screen sharing and video chats windows on separate monitors.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Splitting the screen between people who are actually sharing video, and those who aren't (e.g. just showing their picture) is nonsensical.

Example: picture a meeting with a few remote participants, and then a group of people in a conf room sharing video. Someone in the conf room start whiteboarding.

Teams literally chops the shared video IN HALF to show you the tiles of the remote participants. So you can see 50% of a landscape whiteboard then a stack of tiles showing the participants. Seems like such an odd choice, why?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 - just want to be able to select a primary video to view vs having all the incoming video in small boxes sharing the same viewing window box.

• Usama Mustafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 will be a huge addition to the Meetings & Calls. This feature is available in Zoom and the users who are already using Zoom are referring to have this feature in Teams ASAP.

#2 but with two screen shares at once would be very useful i.e.

being able to share two screens, and members in a meeting being able to view those in independent windows so that they can have them on two different screens would be very useful.

"Pop-out" video into a separate window (and lock/pin to top of screen) would solve most of these, right?

At the very least, when I'm viewing another person's screen, their video feed should be at the top of my screen, not the bottom. For the proper eye positioning, the person I'm speaking with should be close to my camera, which is almost always at the top of my display. But yes, an undockable, resizable webcam window would be best.

• Ivar Stange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really miss this feature. I work with two screens most of the time, and not being able to utilize them in meetings in Teams is frustrating.

• Andrew Rohm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a test with our version of Teams, version 1.1.00.13555, it seems there are two different levels of this capability:
        1. If I am sharing my screen, I can view the video from others in the MS Teams application
        2. If I am viewing the screen of someone else, I either have to select the screen or the video to view in fullscreen (or the size of the window). Having both at full size would be ideal.

• Philip Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to have screen share on one monitor and video on the other is very useful for meeting rooms. We can do this with Skype for Business already.

• Louis Carmine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
        1. Able to resize video preview
        2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
        3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
        4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
        5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

Feedback and Knowledge Base