How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

No volume control

All of us who are starting to use teams are facing the same issue...there is no way to control the volume on the teams calls

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a painful issue for me. I can hold my headset away from my ear and still hear clearly. This is only an issue on Teams calls.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not uncommon to have multiple audio sources playing at the same time on my PC. Being able to drop the volume on Teams so I can focus listening to something else is critical. Please add a volume control inside of Teams

• Jesse J. Salens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to put support behind this idea. For some strange reason when in a Teams call, the volume is at incredibly high levels and there is no way to control it. It does not honor system volume controls either, so turning the sound down in Windows Volume Mixer nearly destroys my eardrums.

Agree, this is horrible. We will not roll out Teams until there is a volume control option for calls.

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed. Even worse, the settings are still applied after transferring a call. Only a restart of the PC solves the way too loud sound settings.

This makes Teams almost unusable! Even if I mute my laptop speaker that doesn't stop my ear drums getting a hammering. How can there be no volume control?

This is a literally painful functionality failure. I have to hold my headset away from my ear to save my eardrum. I'm confused as to how this was missed?

this is a show stopper for me, I have to turn the volume down so low I won't hear any other alerts

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.