How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

197 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded  · 

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications were working and then all of the sudden no one in our department is receiving notifications. I've checked all of the settings on the desktop and the mobile app (both Android and iPhone) and we are still having this issue. Please fix this as Teams is useless if we don't receive notifications!

• MarioP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have customers with GOV, EDU, Non-Profit licensing and notifications aren't working at all.

• Joe M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, ever since I installed iOS 13 beta 2, my teams notifications come in sporadically or not at all. They only seem to work if the app is open on my phone and I have the screen unlocked.

I have my mobile notifications set to always notify me, even if I am active on the desktop, and I changed my notification sound from the default.

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, within the iOS app although I have 'Vibration' enabled, Teams NEVER vibrates on a notification. Basic on/off settings in the app are simply ignored!

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I FINALLY figured out what was going wrong on my iOS Teams app last night:
    Within the Teams notifications settings there is a section for 'Quiet Hours'.
    Although I had the switch disabled for 'Daily quiet hours', and in the Notifications menu it said 'Quiet hours Off', there is ALSO a section WITHIN 'quiet hours' for 'quiet days' that appears to be *independent* of the quiet hours setting. So, with my quiet days set to Sun-Sat even though I had quiet hours turned OFF, the quiet days setting was overriding that, and I received ZERO notifications.

Guys, is it too much to ask that when you set a top-level feature to 'Off' that everything nested within that feature should ALSO be off? This could have been prevented by either making quiet days obey the quiet hours off setting or else pulling it out of the quiet hours menu so that it was obvious it was an independent setting. Bad UI design like this is the bane of Microsoft products these days.

• William Yoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with Team vs Skype Business is that I have no idea when my team is trying to get a hold of me. There are no notifications. In Skype, I would get a blicking icon with a ring sound and I could answer any questions immediately. Teams is horrible!

• Greg Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running Windows Pro 10 version 1803. One user is receiving notifications and 8 others are not. The user receiving notifications is the administrator/owner of the MS Office Users account. Please help as Teams is not as useful without sound and banner notifications. All settings have been checked and are operational and set as active

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications are spotty, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
    Dell Latitude 7390
    Windows 10 Pro

• Guillaume ZAGINI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No notifications although turned on.
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 and 1903, on admin and no-admin user's session.
    Lenovo Thinkpad T440 and Dell Latitude 7480
    Teams v 1.2.00.11966 (64 bits) and v 1.2.00.8864 (64 bits)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We rarely get notifications. It needs to give us something if the program is behind other windows or minimised in Windows 10. At the moment I get one once in a blue moon. Proper notifications are essential to Teams

• Kavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Iphone 6 ios 12.2 but was also happening on the previous version of ios. Tried all the steps in the troubleshooting doc, settings show as enabled etc but still no notifications.

• Victoria Bynum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting notifications on my phone (IOS) or on my computer (Windows 7 operating system, Dell computer) for messages to channels. I get notifications for chats.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Encounter the same issue as well. Though group notification has been enabled, unfortunately some did not get the notification and some did. This is inconvenient as when we reply in 'comment', notification should be directed to our e-mail but some to no avail.

Hope to get it rectified soonest.

• Fred Smalkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android 9
    Used to receive notifications but they went silent about a month ago
    All settings and app permissions are enabled

• Anne Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the Owner of a Team and have it Favorited but get no email notifications. All of my settings are set to banner and email but I have only ever gotten one notification - and it was for a missed chat. Some other users in my Team have followed the channel and then gotten notifications.

It seems really onerous to me to have to be the Owner of the Team, Favorite the Team, and then follow the channel in order to get any notifications.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.