How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

139 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working with I am working on MacOS Mojave version 10.14.2, and no notifications at all.
        I need to check regularly manually, it is annoying.

• Annie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to convince a small business to transition from a locally developed chat app to MS Teams since Skype is being decommissioned, but they rely on the audio notifications, which are not working on any of our Windows 7 Pro SP1 Lenovo machines.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people are having issues with not receiving notifications. I never have such issues with Whatsapp or any other application. Only MS Teams is having issues with many colleagues despite all settings and permissions being set properly.
        This is not isolated to certain OS or devices but on Android and iOS alike.

Window 10 pc, no notification on desktop (no sound no pop up), I can't seem to find the notification setting button (if there is any).

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not receiving any notifications by email, only on the app. I am using Macbook Pro with Touch Bar, Mojave 10.14. I selected "General ->Follow this channel" and under Settings ->Notifications, I selected "Banner and email". I have no way of know if my team has added ro changed anything in other tabs, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and MindMeister, etc. This is vitally important for what is supposed to be a collaborative tool.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac OS 10.14 - No notifications although turned on
        iphone iOS 12 - No notifications although turned on
        iphone iOS 11 - No notifications although turned on

5 people in a team, and none receive any notification of anybody's message. 2 members are guests other 3 are part of same organisation.

• Anjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. notifications on cellphone are set to allow notifications
        2. Notifications in app are set to receive even if active on desktop
        3. Channels are followed
        4. Still not receiving notifications, especially after update

Please advise further.
        Anjo Gardener

------------ DEVICE INFO ------------
        Os - 6.0.1
        Model - blackberry / STV100-4
        App Version -1416/1.0.0.2018091302

Windows 10 Pro, also happens. Teams do not emit notification, however, conversations do.

Windows PC, windows 10. Notifications need to be more like Skype.

I don't want the banner, but I still want to be notified when I receive a message.

The Teams icon should light up. I don't even get a notification when someone send a message in a teams chat. I have to favorite the team chat to get a notification or someone has to mention me. Notifications is the biggest issue everyone at my company has a problem with, and these should've made from the very beginning.

I am on and iPhone 7 plus with the latest iOS. I have noticed when the teams app is swiped and close I will not see new notifications or the little number next to the app icon. Its not until I click on the app to open it and then will get all the notifications. I am also a gov cloud teams user so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Our company is running Teams on Windows 7. We switched from slack, where notifications were automatic. We lost a few days of productivity missing messages from each other.

The notifications process is unclear, we figured out you have to "favorite" a channel, then click into the channel, then click the "..." menu, then "follow" the channel you want to receive notifications on. Then double check that you have notifications on for Teams under your profile settings.

You have to do this for every channel you want to receive notifications for.

This hurts our users. Super painful. Why does it take four byzantine steps for Teams to accomplish something Slack does automatically? And what our team considers a core function for usability?

Please, please fix. Please.

On my smartphone, Android 8, I selected to get always notifications.
        But I only receive sometimes notifications, most of time none.

I use IE 7 on my computer and laptop and although I do seem to be getting my teams notifications at the moment this is usually intermittent so can't be relied upon. My colleague uses IE 10 and it's the same for her.

not receiving notifications (on mobile phone) in certain group/channel.
        I am following that channel and I have setting which allows to push notification both of phone and laptop.
        I even tried with shut down laptop and still notifications are not visible on phone.

Only way to get notification on phone is to use "@" which should not be required.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base