How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications for teams

I'm not receiving any notifications from teams.
Each time I select anything in notification settings the selected setting disappears...

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded  · 

Please add to the comments if you are experiencing this. I would like to know the OS and device you are using as well.

I’ll bring this feedback to the feature team and help get this investigated.

-Warren

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guillaume ZAGINI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No notifications although turned on.
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 and 1903, on admin and no-admin user's session.
    Lenovo Thinkpad T440 and Dell Latitude 7480
    Teams v 1.2.00.11966 (64 bits) and v 1.2.00.8864 (64 bits)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We rarely get notifications. It needs to give us something if the program is behind other windows or minimised in Windows 10. At the moment I get one once in a blue moon. Proper notifications are essential to Teams

• Kavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Iphone 6 ios 12.2 but was also happening on the previous version of ios. Tried all the steps in the troubleshooting doc, settings show as enabled etc but still no notifications.

• Victoria Bynum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting notifications on my phone (IOS) or on my computer (Windows 7 operating system, Dell computer) for messages to channels. I get notifications for chats.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Encounter the same issue as well. Though group notification has been enabled, unfortunately some did not get the notification and some did. This is inconvenient as when we reply in 'comment', notification should be directed to our e-mail but some to no avail.

Hope to get it rectified soonest.

• Fred Smalkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android 9
    Used to receive notifications but they went silent about a month ago
    All settings and app permissions are enabled

• Sarmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Im using the teams app on my phone: Apple iphone X
    ios version: 12.1.4

Me and my colleagues are encountering the same issue, no notification despite them being enabled

HP Desktop Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120

• Anne Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the Owner of a Team and have it Favorited but get no email notifications. All of my settings are set to banner and email but I have only ever gotten one notification - and it was for a missed chat. Some other users in my Team have followed the channel and then gotten notifications.

It seems really onerous to me to have to be the Owner of the Team, Favorite the Team, and then follow the channel in order to get any notifications.

We're on Windows 10. Same story, we don't receive notifications, we have to use a group chat with the whole company.

I'm also on a Mac - I don't receive any notifications and need to check manually. I rely on notifications that are consistent with Slack, What'sApp and Skype but not for Teams. I have the same problem on my iPhone. I have the latest operating systems and constantly do updates. I'm considering changing our group to another option.

• Cory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also on MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 and I get absolutely no notifications.

Working with I am working on MacOS Mojave version 10.14.2, and no notifications at all.
    I need to check regularly manually, it is annoying.

• Annie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to convince a small business to transition from a locally developed chat app to MS Teams since Skype is being decommissioned, but they rely on the audio notifications, which are not working on any of our Windows 7 Pro SP1 Lenovo machines.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people are having issues with not receiving notifications. I never have such issues with Whatsapp or any other application. Only MS Teams is having issues with many colleagues despite all settings and permissions being set properly.
    This is not isolated to certain OS or devices but on Android and iOS alike.

Window 10 pc, no notification on desktop (no sound no pop up), I can't seem to find the notification setting button (if there is any).

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not receiving any notifications by email, only on the app. I am using Macbook Pro with Touch Bar, Mojave 10.14. I selected "General ->Follow this channel" and under Settings ->Notifications, I selected "Banner and email". I have no way of know if my team has added ro changed anything in other tabs, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and MindMeister, etc. This is vitally important for what is supposed to be a collaborative tool.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base