How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow Bots but not other 3rd Party Apps

Allow Bots but not other Third Party Apps

There recently was a new setting added to "Enable/disable default apps". There is a product limitation though in that Bots are considered 3rd party apps but if one disables sideloading then the 3rd party default apps can't be enabled/disabled.

We would like to be able to both sideload bots and prevent the use of other 3rd party apps!

39 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don’t think Microsoft is serious about the user voice feedback... waste of my time...

This is a very basic security feature. I am not sure what Microsoft was thinking during the design. I think the Project Manager should be accountable for all ****** design issues.

Is there any update on this? This is so frustrating that this hasn't been fixed as we cannot use bots until this has been done. Surely there must be some roadmap to fixing this..? Very much regretting the decision to go with MS Teams at the moment.

Is there a plan to get this to work? Distributing bots is severely limited without this

I can't believe you have to enable all 3rd party bots to get a custom bot working via side loading. This is a major blocker to use using Teams...

This is a blocker for us to deploy Teams. It is unacceptable to allow all apps in the store to leverage BOTS.

• Arun Velusamy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not sure why Microsoft has not thought about this basis controls, this will be really useful to have as there are security concerns with some external apps which we would like to be disabled.

• christian hasselbalch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be extremely useful. until we either get a tenant based store for the apps, sideloading is the only way we can work with testing bots. this unfortunately turns on every single app in the store so the only option we have to drop all MS team bots development and focus on other products like slack.

Feedback and Knowledge Base