How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Alerts in guest tenants

When you've been given access to a team as a guest there is currently no way to be alerted. All the little red notification only appear when you visit the guest team's tenant within Microsoft Teams. A notification on the account in "Your Accounts" would probably work.

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pieter Veenstra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bryan Heindel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont understand how Slack can handle this so well and we are multiple years into Teams and guest access as a whole is terrible and useless.

• Shota Suzuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem. If we can not be aware of all the notification across all the joined tenant including as a guest, we must miss the necessary action for our work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some basics for effective communication and collaboration. This is one of them. I'm really surprised this and some other lacking features are not prioritised as it's things essential to what the tool is meant to be!

My company has several tenants, which makes it a nightmare with my colleagues without this feature.

It's quite simple - I cannot rely on Teams as communication tool. I miss things, other people miss my posts/messages - it forces me to email and other channels (including Slack btw)

Mega frustrating.

• Craig Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The windows desktop app is not showing a red dot/notification of notification of message waiting in another tenant view (e.g. guest access elsewhere). The browser seems to show the red notification dot, but not the desktop app. This is a critical flaw and needs to be fixed. Otherwise you are depending on email notifications and though you eventually find out, it loses the "instant" in instant messaging!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base