How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Chromebook support in the Android app please

Although the web client is great, the mobile app has better notifications and more features.

Please allow the Android app on Chromebooks. Right now it is blocked.

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Comments are closed
  • Brad Newton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally! After yesterday's update, I can now join calls with voice/camera in Teams on my Samsung Chromebook Plus. I'm using the Teams app from the Google Play store, not the browser.

• J.T. Brown III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Chome OS is a major platform now. Teams NEEDS to support it in order to be ubiquitously usable across ALL platforms.

• Josh M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding the app for ChromeOS.

No Audio or Video in the Android app on Chrome OS 69. AUDIO only does work in the browser.

• Austin Colaizzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I use Teams to work for our standup Meetings and calls and screenshares with my Manager who works remotely. I have a Chromebook at home and would like to be able to use Teams at home without having to bring my work laptop home.

Witht he Web App, I can't call, join Meetings, use my camera, share my screen, or see others sharing. On the Andorid App, there is basically no functionality other than clicking around the app.

• Pierre Trudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also working on my Asus C302 but without video or audio. But as Gary said it is a start. But the experience is better in the WEB app. It is visually better and I least I can do audio on the team tab (not on the chat tab). On my Android Phone everything work.

• Gary McLellan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dunno if anyone else has it but its working on my Asus C302. Its basically the mobile app with no scaling for the screen size but its there which is a start! Im also signed up as a beta tester in the play store if that makes a difference.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on Teams for Chromebook. If it can run on my phone it should be able to run a on Chromebook. I need this connection.

• Pierre Trudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least make audio and video call possible in the Chrome browser. For now it just work in Edge. And Edge isnt an option on a Chromebook. Teams is a good product, in fact one one of the best since a long time from Micfosoft. Adoption is linked to the number of plateform supported. And Browser base is a pretty BIG plaform. And Chrome is the dominant browser. I can't control wich tools my customers use but if I can use Teams to communicate with them it seem to me that Microsoft is winning. So make teams work on every browser and you solve a lot of problems.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.