How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Guest access should be implemented at the Channel level

Once I enabled guest access on the tenant I can enable guest access to a team, but I can't give guest access to a single channel. There should be a way to do this as I will now need to create a guest team and an internal team when I share teams with customers.

988 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pieter Veenstra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on this. We really need this ability to switch visibility of individual channels on or off for guests (and maybe members)

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, any update regarding this? Channel-based permissions should absolutely be a staple of Teams.

• Elizabeth Romero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we really need this as well- usage is going to be low if everytime you are trying to work with a different set of folks then you have to create a new MS Teams- IT is going to be controlling creation of teams which defeats the purpose of having self service...it would be great if you created a Team for dept - top level and then channels underneath can be for different users- because right now it inherits from the top and all channels will have same members thanks, we really need this!!!!

• Roger Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more vote from me. This would make MS Teams much easier to work with as a client facing environment.

• Chris H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my support for this feature to be added. It would make things so much easier.

Would appreciate an update on this requirement. Last update I can see is Sept'17

• Lucas Reinhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, right now we have to use Slack for our customer support chat on our website and we would much rather just use Teams...

• Liam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? This feature would be useful to have. Right now it is a determining factor to whether we use Teams.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Can you please provide an update on this? Is it in active development or ... ?

I'm being asked to create a joint (MS Teams/Sharepoint) structure for this and because there's no merge function yet or other ability to move things around in teams, I need to know if I have to build individual teams or can use channel level permissions at any point in the near future.

Thanks,
        Andrew

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many internal projects my team run can be covered by a channel, but for each project there are stakeholders external to the team that need access - at the moment we have to create an entire new Team per project. Being able to invite non-Team members to participate in a Channel would be a huge win for us.

• ASTux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitly a crucial feature for us to have!! Admin Access control on channel level is pre-requisite for us for a bigger rollout.

This option will be great. Slack have this option when inviting members.Teams is a great product and this will add more options in using it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base