How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

fix notification settings

The notification settings in the current version are buggy.
Firstly all notification settings are blank, as you can see in the attachment.
Secondly when you try to set a setting it disappears again after a second.
Please fix that.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonas Fluhrer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hi everyone, it looks like this bug was fixed. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so, email me directly at sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
Suphatra

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Haskins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this we use this for our main communication for our small business. We have a Pixel and Pixel 2 phones

• Vesselin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of a sudden, the notifications just stopped appearing. Desktop (windows 10), restart does not help.

• Kunal Ashar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to second this requirement. I've pushed Teams across my organization of over 250 employees, and almost *everyone* (>90%) of them are reporting that mobile notifications simply don't work. This is unacceptably flawed - how can MS develop an IM app, and not have notifications work?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there a way to get a flashing light or sound when a message is sent? Otherwise this does not work and people will go unheard :(

• David Birks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey there's a service health bulletin in the admin center:

TM118995 - Empty drop-down menus in notification settings
    Based off of our current assessment, the fix should reach full saturation during the week of Friday, September 22, 2017.

• Joel Sternke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too, please fix this. It used to work because I have screen shots in some instructions I gave to my team showing them how to set it up.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here -- we are trying to gain steam in adopting this across an entire dev organization due to the success one of our core teams has had using MS Teams. This problem sticks out like a sore thumb

• Bryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep, bit of a deal breaker if this doesn't get fixed soon. Trying to get our company to adopt Teams but the ability to setup notifications on chat messages is critical..

• doug evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix ASAP! I'm concerned that this bug will tank the adoption of the product for my organization.

• Michelle Fain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! My team is experiencing the same issue. Notification settings in each drop down populate for a second when chosen, but then disappear and the settings are not saved. Please help!

Feedback and Knowledge Base