How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

There needs to be permissions on channels

This is hugely important as 1 team may have multiple levels of engineers on different levels.

Note, this is a built in feature of Slack.

134 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brandon Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with comments bellow, access restriction @ channel level is a must! I can't believe that it's not available from the very start.

• Renee Leonard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there an idea on timing of when this feature may be available? My organization is newer to Teams and I'll setting up the structure for ongoing projects. The three immediate opportunities I see for valuable development are (1) adding ability to control permissions at channel level, (2) adding the ability to archive at the channel level, and (3) the ability to convert channels to Teams. Greatly appreciate any information you can provide on whether these initiatives are in the pipeline, and ranking/estimated timing of deployment. Thanks!

• Bret commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you tell me why "age" is required to complete a survey on features?

• RD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need select people in some channels for discussing content or providing feedback. This content should not be visible to others.

• Fabrice Romelard [MVP] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This permission management at the channel level is mandatory for us to not have a huge number of teams created for nothing
        Please to work on it

Fab

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been enabled? Can you assign security to lock out certain channels in a team site?

• Paul Kendrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 'Channel Permissions Granularity' -and- the ability to invite external guest users (with only a 'Microsoft' Azure ID needed)- into a Teams team site, Teams team site channel, Planner plan - all are vital to keeping Microsoft's cloud floating on high - competition will not sit back and let their market lead erode / market opportunity slip though their fingers!

So, Microsoft, please enjoy the seasonal festivities, and then get a wiggle on, my organisation needs both 'Channel Permissions Granularity' and 'Teams External Guest Access' (sans any need for any 'licence' for lite users, with access secured via an Azure ID) - ASAP.

PIK

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any updates on this, this is massively important for our organisation.

Also highlighting this is on Slack

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is very important for our organisation working with a wider team, we need a channel that is just certain users and see and be involve in

Feedback and Knowledge Base