How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make spell checking optional

As a User I want to be able to switch off spell-checking. -
It is very annoying that spell-checking cannot be switched off, plus, that the language the system thinks I'm typing in is the language to which the app is set. This is not the reality of most users. We want to set the app language to, let's say English and then type in whatever other language without getting the input redlined. Personally, I'm switching languages all the time depending on who I talk to. I want to be able to do this without my input being redlined. If adding language detection is too difficult, make spell checking optional. It will cost you 1 sprint point. One. Thank you.

28 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ralf Sonnefeld shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. For folks who basically know what they're doing, the squiggly red line which shows up is annoying. As an example, we may use an initialism or similar which is very unlikely to match any dictionary entry.

Actually there should just be an automatic language detection just like in Outlook or Word

• AvL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the same problem.
    There should be a setting for teams and a setting for contacts and of course a global setting as a fallback.
    In my case I have english teams and german teams.

And for some chat partners I write in a dialect (swiss(!)-german also called Mundart). Mundart actually does not have any correct spelling or grammar. So in that context it should be disabled at all for that contact.

Exactly that! It is mind boggling that developers in this day and age still think that users only communicate in one language.

Feedback and Knowledge Base