How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Desktop icon keeps coming back

Seems like whenever Teams does an auto-update, a shortcut is always put on my desktop.

Stop. Doing. This.

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brad Shows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying to have to keep removing the shortcut each and every time! It is bad enough the updates are constant, but putting back the shortcut along with it every stinking time is just annoying and tiresome. I delete it every time. I do not want junk on my desktop!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very annoying and irrelevant, please get this amanded so it no longer happens, more desk top junk forced upon us by people who "think" they know what we want.

• Zvonimir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find this also happens every time I launch Teams. I don't want the Desktop icon to keep coming back after I delete it.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to prevent the installation of the desktop shortcut as well. It should be an available option in the install like other apps.

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I've seen in a number of Windows applications doing lately. Pretty much every stock application in Windows 10 wants to reset to default settings or re-add an icon where I explicitly removed it after an update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.