How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Selecting Team from Team Search Results Should Highlight and Expand Team on Left

I have a few hundred teams. When I use the search under Teams to find the Team I want, and click it, it does show the correct team on the right, but suppose I didn't want the General channel, suppose I wanted another channel, now I must click the team name at the top ("Team_Name > General"), then click "Channels" and click the channel I wanted.

This is because in my list of a few hundred teams, I cannot be bothered to scroll through the long list of team names on the left navigation tree.

It would be better if, after clicking the team name from the search results, the left navigation tree automatically advanced to the team and expanded it for me, so I can see the channels from the left navigation tree, instead of having 4 additional clicks to get to the channel I want.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brad PFEFFER shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be easy to implement and such a time saver. When in a rush to find a team and an associated channel the search will bring you to the teams matching the search but leaves you hanging because there's no way to get into the channels - so for me the current solution is not that helpful.

• Derrick Rieke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely Agree!
    It is very confusing when you click on a "Team" name and nothing happens. It should at a minimum, open to the "General" channel's conversation for that team.

• Andrew Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - we have lots of teams and it frustrating that the left navigation does not scroll to the team in the search result.

Feedback and Knowledge Base