How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to set a scheduled notification (alarm) to go off in a channel or chat via T-Bot

It could be nice to have T-Bot remind a channel or chat at a certain time about something. Been a couple situations where I am in a chat with multiple people and we schedule an informal meeting and forget about it. T-Bot could do reminders for things in channels.

Scrum Master: "Remember to update your tasks (4:00PM)"
Me: "Remember our meeting at 4PM"

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug Staubach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a native reminder function (something similar to the "@RememberThis" bot, but expanded) - Needs to have local timezone support, infinite reminders (not limited to 7 days in the future), recurring reminders, and ability to remind self, channel or team - @Remind Me in 3 hours, @Remind Channel at 7:00 am MDT, @Remind Team on Jan 31 at 9:00 am LocalTime

• Fernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the point here is to be able to do this seamlessly in the chat, by simply typing "remind me of the meeting at 4PM" and creating a reminder (like slackbot does in Slack or Cortana in windows).

• Michael G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could utilize Microsoft Flow to accomplish this. Set a reoccurrence and then have a post sent to Teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base