How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Cache Something, Anything

My goodness, every time you start Teams it's as though it's the first time. Most or all history is gone until it pulls it down from the cloud again. If you want us to use it, make it start in less than 60 seconds.

29 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is Electron under the hood, or? "Station" does a good job of caching/data persistence and has something to say about it on Medium (Station is an implementation in Electron).

With Teams, it does a great job of bringing work together, but that work being reloaded when jumping between tabs slows everything down and "defeats the object" of trying to be more productive.

Currently I'm pinning my hope on Station supporting Teams (currently stuck on an older unsupported underlying Chrome engine)

• John Shield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest users should be able to set the amount of time to download, similar to setting autoarchive on Outlook folders (e.g. archive everything older than 6 months, cache everything newer)

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave you my vote. Focus on Teams? I dont see it, this Application is now about a year old. Developers - please cahce something.

• Jerry Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really is the absolute worse thing about teams. I HATE THIS. I have contemplated making a screen scraper to make the threads and chats not so painful to browse through. Teams is the only program with chat capability I have ever had this issue with. Even msn messenger in the late 90s didn't have this problem. Mother of god please utilise cache, we don't all have gigabit internet connections like Microsoft seems to assume we do.

Related to this thread:
        https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32129674-scrolling-back-in-time-is-painfully-slow

Feedback and Knowledge Base