How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

collaborating with external users

it will be ery nice if we can collaborate with exernal users too. that is, those outside the organisation

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Elisabeth Taiwo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to allow people outside the organization to participate in discussions is the greatest value in that they can provide information and/or ideas as the project progresses.

The use of Bluebeam as a PDF markup tool allows this in a restricted or open access setting. Teams should do the same!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of our users are used to use IM/calls with external users on SfB. It would be difficult for them to use Teams if this feature is not transposed to Teams.

• Mohamed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be a subsititute for personal skype and other software such as zoom or gotomeeting through teams

• Anesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where’s the open federation similar to what Skype had? Guest access seems clunky from a user perspective

• Ann Puckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to add a guest to my Team and cannot figure out how to get this to work - any tricks to this?

• LauraC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well. We have collaborators outside our licensed organization but they have Office 365 accounts. They should be allowed in our Team!

• Marius DT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - It will be a good start with at least other Office 365 tenants - sharing document libraries and channels for granular access

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.