How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Stay unread till pressed read botton

When I go to Activity and press one of the new mention will automatically mark read on another thread's mention in the same channel which losts my attention. It is good to have a READ botton on the mention itself to manually mark as read, especially the mention was @ to me.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Akira Ueda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. Same approach as in Outlook where you can set whether or not a message is automatically marked as read, as well as time delays. Currently a mere switching back and forth between applications mark message on the current Teams screen as read. I find myself manually marking messages as unread quite often, so as not to forget messages I have to get back to.

If Teams is supposed to be the main work environment, the user will receive more messages at a given moment than can be processed, which is why the read/unread behavior needs to be customizable to user preference.

• Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As well it appears that if I select the top item in my activity others automatically un-bold. I would like them to stay bolded until I mark it as read.

Feedback and Knowledge Base