Annika shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Allison Rost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition - please add an option that will allow organizers to delay the 'Meeting has started' prompt/pop-up. At times it is important for the organizer to join early to prepare for a meeting and because of this notification we consistently have people joining much earlier than the actual start time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this!

When your scheduled Cisco Webex meeting is about to start, Cisco Webex Teams can send you a notification so you can join easily and make sure that you're on time for the meeting. You can choose when you'd like to receive notifications for scheduled meetings and calls, or turn them off
    https://help.webex.com/en-us/r9zg2t/Choose-When-to-Receive-Notifications-for-Scheduled-Meetings

Please add meeting reminders - the "X has started the Meeting" notification is a good start, but we need a 15min and 5 min reminder - and click to Join reminder.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like all the valid points are listed. Future next steps should be based around end goal. Since Outlook sends reminders and notifications it is going to be hard to convince users to use MS Teams calendar instead of Outlook. However, if there are things MS Teams can do that Outlook can't (ie. capture meeting information, comms, collaboration within a channel, we should probably think about adding to the list of items MS Teams meeting tools can do that Outlook and WebEx can't do. (stepping off of soap box now ;-)

• Alicia Fuentes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! The application needs better meeting invite notifications, especially a few minutes before the start of the meeting.

• MP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with JR below. I've missed meetings entirely due to not having a reminder for the meeting. This is very much needed and one of the biggest gripes that I've heard about Teams meetings. Many people prefer WebEx for this reason alone.

• JR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally needed. We're primarily a Webex shop, and by default Webex will notify 15min before the meeting starts, and allows us to snooze (default 5min before meeting starts) or dismiss.

Corporate culture here is if you don't get a Webex reminder half the folks will miss the meeting.
    Folks won't use Teams to schedule Meetings because it doesn't pop-up a meeting notification reminder. Argh.

• Mike H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would appreciate better meeting notifications for the mobile app as well.

when a meeting starts pop a notification that has a join button like skype for business does/did.

• Dalibor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And if a meeting starts, which I have in Outlook calendar, I would definitely expect a PopUp window with the possibility to click "JOIN", not to remember it, then look through the teams and then click Join...

It seems the Outlook invite created from a Teams meeting has 'Reminder' set to 'None'; by default, can it be set to something useful?

• David Chomca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. Imagine I receive meeting invitation to my Outlook with meeting organized over Teams. Teams will pop-up this meeting notification 5 minutes before and I will just click and join!
    Scheduled meetings over Teams with repetitiv occurence should be visible upfront other Chats when these take place.

• Mario Miniaci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be excellent for organisations who allow 3rd parties access to Teams on mobile but not Outlook

• Bobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams drastically needs better meeting invite notifications and needs meeting notifications a few minutes before they actually start.

Feedback and Knowledge Base