How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

865 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ismail Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brandon Luhring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got one bad-actor channel that will post a notification in the Activity feed every time someone posts, even when they aren't using the @Channel. Sure would like to mute or disable those notifications.

• Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is there an update for this item? Can we mute a channel? Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I unsubscribe from the notifications of a channel, I stop getting those notifications. We just started with Teams so don't know if that has been there for a long time but is it what people are looking for?

• Matthew Vaughn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evidently Microsoft first has to invent the entire concept of Boolean logic all over again before they can implement a simple /mute switch.

While we're all waiting for 1854 to roll around again, my entire company has license to bother me.

• Soren Mimerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure that the Teams team is hard at work at many features, and they'll get to this one during their next lifetime. First, we have to figure out how to inject ads without everyone jumping ship...

• Andy C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's easy to mute a channel. Just type the "/mute" slash command in the Slack channel. :sadtroll:

MS Teams is just noise until this is fixed

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm begging the developers here - please give users the ability to mute notifications for a channel or an entire team.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No mute??? How backwards is that??? How can this product be so significantly behind the times!?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base