How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Bug: Email notifications not sending

Email notifications are not being sent. I’ve tried @ mentions, direct chat, and followed channels, on several accounts. I have my account set to receive Banner and Email notifications (see attached), but I have not received any email notifications in any of those cases.

36 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CBentley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the opposite problem - I ONLY get email notifications and nothing else (despite all settings correctly marked in the tab) .
    I don't want email notifications, I only want banner on desktop and mobile (also NOT receiving like all other comments herein even when my green status button is on).
    General bugs in Notification settings.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have changed my settings to banner and email, with frequency set to ASAP. I changed my status to 'away' , then 'dnd' and asked people to message me. I have yet to receive even one email notifying me of a message. I am working with Teams for a small local government. Maybe email notifications are not enabled for GCC?

It's not if it's running, it's if it's active and you are available, if your status is away by not actively using your computer you'll get an e-mail. If you aren't getting any regardless it's probably because you have to have Exchange online. But again, if you need to see comments while away, then download the mobile app.......

Anyway, if your away then it should send e-mail if you have frequency setup to soon as possible or short time. The status in Teams just has to go away for it to work.

• Jonah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having this issue. Is there anything that can help to solve it? I'm not seeing any response by Microsoft below.

The @mentions worked for me, but since Friday email notifications stopped.
    This function is critical for me to ensure the most important stakeholders for specific subject receives an email notification. It's so easy to miss something if several posts are made.

• Kunal Ashar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to second this requirement. I've pushed Teams across my organization of over 250 employees, and almost *everyone* (>90%) of them are reporting that mobile notifications simply don't work. This is unacceptably flawed - how can MS develop an IM app, and not have notifications work?

• Michael LaCombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Every notification option is set to "banner and email", yet I have not received a single email and neither has my team.

• Morten Stårvik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We experience the same behavior. We have several channels that our employers follow, to keep them updated on changes in our internal and customer systems. We have similar settings as Mark, and emails should be sent when someone posts in one of the followed groups, but this never happens

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.