File Replace and Rename Error
As a Teams channel owner and/or channel member, I need to be able to replace an original file with a new file and rename the new file to the original file name.
Use Case Name: File Replace and Rename Error
Actors: Teams channel owner and members
Description: Actors are unable to open files after replacing an original file with a new file and renaming the new file to the original file name.
Trigger: Renaming the new file to the original file name.
Agreed. The Scenario for me goes as follows:
1. Create/upload a document.
2. Add comments to the document
3. Because the document was commented, is shows in the activities link.
4. Rename the document.
5. People who go to the Activities link and click on the document get a "This document no longer exists or you do not have access, contact the owner" error (I am the owner)
6. I find the document again and go it. The comments (see step 2) still exist and the document exist.
7. In the top section of the comments for that document, there is a link to the document itself. When you click on that you get the same error that the document no longer exists.
A link to a document should be able to survive name changes in the document !
Andrew Woodward commented
Also a rename of file the conversation remains but the preview fails. It should be possible to rename a file and not break the conversation links