How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

keywords Monitoring

Would be great if admin could monitor keywords similar to yammer. entering key works that if typed would notify admin.

101 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ebi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of keyword notifications is a major reason to stay with Slack

• bac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this should be a feature for all users not just admins.

• FH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a very important feature. In larger projects, MS Teams can lead to the creation of many teams and channels on different subtopics. It makes sense for plenty of people to access all of these channels, but only read and participate when one of the features they are responsible for is mentioned.

My preference would be a having a list (without a length restriction, please!) of regular expressions that, if matched by any message in any of the channels of the teams I'm in, send me a toast notification, but even a set of fixed, user-defined keywords would be incredibly helpful.

• Jeffrey Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a deployments channel that gets automated messages when code deployments occur. It would be incredibly helpful for some of our team members to get notifications when those notifications mention specific environments or specific branches. Right now their only option is to follow the channel and scan through every deployment message to see if any of them apply to that user.

• Chris Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to echo Tim Kennedy's sentiments. Each user should have the ability to set up notifications based on their preferred keywords.

• Tim Kennedy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if any user could monitor keywords, not just admins. This is a pretty basic notification feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base