How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Please remove the automatic minimize feature on the Mac version

Please remove the automatic minimize feature on the Mac version. Very annoying. Happens when the app hasn't been accessed in a certain amount of time but we still need it to remain open.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris Daffy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be fixed? The Teams client is still minimizing at random on my Mac and does not open in the last screen it was running in when I restore it from the dock. I often miss notifications because of this behavior, and it is very frustrating. I am running version 1.0.00.30651.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. Teams is always minimizing itself and hiding and I miss notifications and can't find the window when I need it. When the window opens after being minimized, it's in a completely different place and is super difficult to use.

• Matt Printz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this all the time and it's very frustrating. What's even more annoying is that most of the time, when I go to restore the window, it pops up on a completely different desktop than the one it was previously on (often not even the desktop I'm currently on). I want it to go right back to where it was when I restore. About half of the time it pops up on top of a full screen browser window and then the only way to move it back to a normal desktop is to quit and reopen.

I am constantly finding myself looking for my teams window only to find out it is minimized

The automatic minimization feature causes a lot of issues for me. It has cause the Teams app to crash, Notifications do not show up when the app in minimized in any way, and sometimes it freezes in a weird state of both minimized and not minimized(though clicking the app icon in the doc seems to unfreeze it).

• Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful and more efficient to have a Mac keyboard shortcut to bring MS Teams out of minimization. An example is Skype for Business allows a command-1 keyboard shortcut that does this very action.

• Brendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Application minimizes itself whenever an automatic update is performed.
        Desktop context/placement is not retained.

Feedback and Knowledge Base