How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Windows 10 My People/People bar integration

Teams integration for direct personal messaging into Windows 10 "My People" People bar would be awesome.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/events/build/2017/my-people-the-taskbar-is-a-window-to-your-app

113 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel Sack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lucas Reinhart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also using the my people for calling through teams would be very useful, right now the only app for calling through the windows 10 my people is skype

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the people bar would be the ideal location for teams. Having a channel selector and file selector would bean excellent way to provide quick access to team resources on the desktop.

Our company has almost full transitioned to Win10 and Teams and features like this would help show the value integration of these services to our teams members.

• Hobie Henning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a little disappointing. What's the point of introducing a new feature in Windows if Microsoft isn't going to support it with their own application suite?

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the people bar has real potential in enterprise but it needs support, it would be a real shame to abandon a potentially useful feature by not making what seems to be a relatively simple change.

• Tracy Alers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My People needs more support from future-facing internal products like Teams in order to encourage implementation from other major chat providers like Facebook/Twitter

• Terry Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, the current integration with Skype personal is nice but a business application for My People would be awesome.
        I'm guessing development on Skype for Business is slowing down so Teams would be the way forward :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base