How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
1. Number of users enabled
2. Number of daily active unique users
3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
4. Number of teams created
5. Number of teams deleted
6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
7. How many calls made in Teams
8. Number of files shared in channels
9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,013 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rachael Calthorpe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@skprufo Please advise which actions is the filter "Other Activity" representing in the report Microsoft Teams user activity > Users?

• Ona Bonsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect to see this information in the existing PowerBI Adoption Content Pack?

• Andrea Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news! :) Can we get clarity on what the "Other Activity" means? is that the likes, emojis, file uploads, etc?

I would love to see Team specific report available to the Team Admin without having to get IT involved in providing Admin or report viewer access/rights.

I would love to see a report that showed me all the teams that have been created and how active each team is.

• Dariana Szykier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on when we can expect this to be released? Our org was told Q4, but nothing more specific.

Hello any news about time lines ? Also what about OMS integration ? Last week we rolled out Teams and Planner for more as 100k user and of course share usage reports was the first question...

• Aliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! I'm glad to hear that this feature is planned and we think this will be very helpful to our users. Do you have any additional details that you can share with us?

• Anders Spur Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be great with a palet of widgets to customize this dashboard - like the possibility to show some elements from Power BI, Tasks from VSTS, general feed from teams and custom elements like graphics etc. Like a front-page of the project...

Would really like to know the contribution of each team member - number of posts and and when they have read each post - overall activity count

Feedback and Knowledge Base