We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.
We would like to have data capturing:
1. Number of users enabled
2. Number of daily active unique users
3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
4. Number of teams created
5. Number of teams deleted
6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
7. How many calls made in Teams
8. Number of files shared in channels
9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time
Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!
For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!
it would be perfect if usage reports and statistics include following detailed data:
- how active users are in various teams (comparison of activities in different teams - how many posts were created in particular team, how many users were active in that team etc.)
- number of likes per post, per channel, per team
- number of post views per post, per channel, per team
- number of liked and viewed post and created channels per user
Is there something like this planed? It would help us to better evaluate the user adoption.
Many thanks in advance!
Shane Fryer commented
I think Team Owners should have access to these statistics by default through the Manage Team options. Having to get some admin or any higher level of access will be difficult, if not impossible, in most large organizations. Some other useful options would be:
1. Allow a tab to be added that has usage stats as the Team Owner may want to make this available to the entire team to drive increased usage.
2. Provide easy integration with Power BI so customised reports can be created on a underlying data set from the Team that the Owner has access to. This will mean that less time would need to be spent on developing new reporting requirements specified below as users can do it themselves, so long as the statistics are being captured.
Marcus Hamilton-Mills commented
Definitely need breakdown of usage by Team
It would nice for team owners to be able to see this information for the teams they own. I am the owner of several teams, and I would like to see stats such as those listed above for my teams. This would be useful for us to copy successful/popular strategies from one team to the other teams.
We need much more extensive reporting on Teams usage! It would be awesome to have access to the underlying data so we can build on own reports using Power BI.
hi, can we download stats to see how many converations we have? we have started using as a web chat room and i would like to monitor the number of disussion, who from the resolution speed etc...
Jani Hyytiäinen commented
In 11-29-2017 microsoft announced new usage reports for Microsoft Teams. It provides 2 reports, by users and by devices.
Additional reports are required by
This would give us better insight on HOW teams is being used and which teams/channels/tabs are most active.
John Berlo commented
Would love to be able to see what apps are being used within all of the Teams within my tenant.
Clayton Taylor commented
This should just be a data connector for Power BI. It would be a waste of time to re-implement analytics visuals with less power when you could just make a robust integration with a tool that already has tons of capability. Then your "Teams" reporting can be pinned to whichever chat you want, implicitly allowing it to be private or publicly viewed.
Agree with previous comment, be good to see in the PowerBI Adoption Content Pack, any timescales?
Ona Bonsell commented
What actions in Teams trigger the "Has Other Actions" field for the User Activity Report?
@skprufo Please advise which actions is the filter "Other Activity" representing in the report Microsoft Teams user activity > Users?
Ona Bonsell commented
When can we expect to see this information in the existing PowerBI Adoption Content Pack?
Jeff Allen commented
Great start! Can't wait to see more info on the reports
Keith Budurka commented
Great! Glad we have this - will help track adoption.
Andrea Tan commented
Great news! :) Can we get clarity on what the "Other Activity" means? is that the likes, emojis, file uploads, etc?
Frank S commented
When do you plan on adding to the Power BI Adoption Pack reports?
I would love to see Team specific report available to the Team Admin without having to get IT involved in providing Admin or report viewer access/rights.
I would love to see a report that showed me all the teams that have been created and how active each team is.
Dariana Szykier commented
Is there an update on when we can expect this to be released? Our org was told Q4, but nothing more specific.