How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
1. Number of users enabled
2. Number of daily active unique users
3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
4. Number of teams created
5. Number of teams deleted
6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
7. How many calls made in Teams
8. Number of files shared in channels
9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,223 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rachael Calthorpe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

105 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much support this idea as a project manager. Please include this in the next iteration of Teams. Thanks!

• Peter McDermott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great for IT managers, but what about End Users? It would be awesome if end users (project managers) had a way to see how people are engaging with an individual team.

• Luke Kelsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reports as they currently are mean little to nothing. Per Team usage stats would certainly be useful and the ability to pull these stats from an API for internal reporting. Currently we have productivity reporting which measures stats from our helpdesk and trello using REST api calls, I would love to include teams in the reporting but this needs to be team specific so I can tailor this to departments.

• DS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like the ability to generate reports based on specific Teams, not just the whole tenant.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to have the option in Teams activity report could sort by Team, not only by user

• Francisco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Availability of usage reports in a per team basis, but not only for administrators, also for every team owner. Assignment of current "reader reports" rol is not a solution, because current reports provide info about all users in the organization and so, it is only reasonable for administration staff.

• Jeremy B Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aargh! Just discovered that I can't get stats on individual teams as team owner ... had no problem when using Yammer

• Guillaume BM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Yammer with the group analytics (for Group admins), it would be great to have a team analytics for the team owners (without being Office 365 adminstrator).

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more calirficaiton on what "Other Activity" is, it looks to be everything from sharing a file to simply viewing a message. Views and file shares should be broken out as well as logins.
    I would also like to see per team reporting that our team owners can view (for instance showing who has seen a particular message and who has not logged into the channel recently. All things that a team owner might need to ensure that their team is being used how they expect it to be.

Sorry to be underwhelmed, but this reporting seems merely interesting and not very useful. I would like data that gives us measures about user adoption & engagement, to help drive improvements. Data such as:
    How many Teams have had activity in a given timeframe?
    How many users (compared to all users) have performed an action (post, like, etc) in a given timeframe?
    How many Teams were created in a given timeframe?
    How many Teams are using multiple features (meetings, APIs, files)?

Hi,

it would be perfect if usage reports and statistics include following detailed data:

- how active users are in various teams (comparison of activities in different teams - how many posts were created in particular team, how many users were active in that team etc.)

- number of likes per post, per channel, per team
    - number of post views per post, per channel, per team
    - number of liked and viewed post and created channels per user

Is there something like this planed? It would help us to better evaluate the user adoption.

Many thanks in advance!

• Shane Fryer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Team Owners should have access to these statistics by default through the Manage Team options. Having to get some admin or any higher level of access will be difficult, if not impossible, in most large organizations. Some other useful options would be:
    1. Allow a tab to be added that has usage stats as the Team Owner may want to make this available to the entire team to drive increased usage.
    2. Provide easy integration with Power BI so customised reports can be created on a underlying data set from the Team that the Owner has access to. This will mean that less time would need to be spent on developing new reporting requirements specified below as users can do it themselves, so long as the statistics are being captured.

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would nice for team owners to be able to see this information for the teams they own. I am the owner of several teams, and I would like to see stats such as those listed above for my teams. This would be useful for us to copy successful/popular strategies from one team to the other teams.

We need much more extensive reporting on Teams usage! It would be awesome to have access to the underlying data so we can build on own reports using Power BI.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.