How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
1. Number of users enabled
2. Number of daily active unique users
3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
4. Number of teams created
5. Number of teams deleted
6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
7. How many calls made in Teams
8. Number of files shared in channels
9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

328 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rachael CalthorpeRachael Calthorpe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fanny TsuiFanny Tsui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the following reports.
        • # of conversation in each channel?
        • # of conversation involved of each members?
        • Who is the most frequent initiate conversation?
        • Who is the most common last one of the conversation?
        • How long for each conversation – average time, max time and min. time?

• Josue MendizabalJosue Mendizabal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello there! me too, in my organization we are require this kind of information soon as possible, have spent a period of time in the adoption process of O365 and particulary MS teams, Similar to EXO, OD4B, Sharepoint usage, we need to know the number of active users in Teams as members or owners, the tracking of the real usability cross countries.
        I've required this with our global project team but they dont know if it is possible, address me to microsoft directly. Please Microsoft support help us with this tracking. Thanks

• JeremyJeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Usage Reports would allow us to track adoption of teams. Data should be by User and Team. User data would be access times as well as what teams the user was active in. Team data would be users, owners, last accessed, and storage size of files. This would be helpful in analyzing adoption and clean up of dead teams that are not being used.

• David ConradieDavid Conradie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I'm with Matt C - same deal: we need stats on Teams usage - by overall Site and Channels . . preferably with some visualization. Especially since engagement is the main measure of success.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a usage reporting admin area as well as auto emailing set reports would be helpful. Thanks

• philippe ricqphilippe ricq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Suphatra, any ETA on this one?
        This capability will be crucial to measure the adoption of this new tool
        We need this capability in order to plan a full scale enterprise deployment or wait for better visibility .....

Thanks

It would be great to see stats in PowerBI with the rest of Office 365 services ...

• Matt CMatt C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been tasked with tracking adoption of teams within our organization and really need this data.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the purpose of teams? What are we trying to achieve using it?

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been scouring looking for an answer to "Can I see how many Microsoft Teams we have in our tenant" so stumbling on this is great to see you currently can't and it's coming.

Dan Stevenson from Microsoft posted on ‎03-22-2017
        "We're working on a team and tenant dashboard - nothing specific to disclose now. You can get some reporting via the compliance capabilities in the time being. "

So we need just keep nagging him :)

• MarkDMarkD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying to encourage uptake and participation and link activity to a KPI in our mentorship programmes. The ability to report on activity by user\team\like\comment\etc would be quite valuable to us.

• Paul FisherPaul Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently using Slack in an educational environment to supplement our legacy LMS for discussion boards. We have found that students are much more engaged this way. We are looking to replace Slack with Teams because of the integration with Office365 and all the services we provide there.

Currently a professor can search for a student and determine how "engaged" they are in the discussion. A search returns the students posts and # of replies the post received, etc...

• Al LinkeAl Linke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, need this one. We've been promoting Teams but have no current way to track usage and success.

• Andy DaleAndy Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, how can we find how many Teams are out there. We can see lots of new groups but how can we identify which ones are Teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base