How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
1. Number of users enabled
2. Number of daily active unique users
3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
4. Number of teams created
5. Number of teams deleted
6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
7. How many calls made in Teams
8. Number of files shared in channels
9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

979 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rachael Calthorpe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your support of the product. This request was particularly helpful and we appreciate your engagement in the surveys, comments and forum to help us design this feature. Please continue to submit ideas!

For this item, we’re making great progress. It has now entered TAP validation with a small group of tenants. Will let you know how that goes!

-Suphatra

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mohamed Hassan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a teams channel to let others know when someone is not at work ie calling in sick or on leave, is there a way we can run a report say each fortnight to see who was away so we can compare to the leave requests made on our official leave management system.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see number of users who have favorited/followed a channel and who they are. As a user, it would be helpful to see which channels you have followed in one list and unfollow those you don't want anymore.
        From a Teams admin side, I would add: 1) number of posts per channel and per team (breakdown per day to see historical data and compare usage), 2)Seeing how many people are currently online on the channel would be useful, 3) Number of active users per day for a channel or Team (not for Teams app)

• Sydney Lacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to see usage for a particular team. We are in the first stages of implementing and have no way of knowing easily if members are actually using the site. I should explain that our Team site is less of a way for everyone to communicate with each other right now and more of a hub for sharing information. While we are planning activities that will encourage our members to begin using chat and conversation features (some of which would be visible to us), it would be nice to be able to gather some data on usage during this first year of implementation.

• Paul Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the same survey url as the permissions survey, was that intentional as i saw nothing in the permissions survey about reporting?

• Aliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the opportunity to provide feedback and for the team's work on this important feature. However, I found the survey to be a bit confusing. Adding definitions to some of the more technical and IT-related terms will help ensure you're getting your questions answered. Thanks!

• Andy Sedgbeer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds like some useful tools for reporting on Teams usage,
        Would all so like to see "Conversation" on the list, so that "group Chats" can be reported on, users and messages etc.
        More admin level access should also be added in to Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add that we need to know the names of users, and all of the reports mentioned by individuals in our office.

• Alex McKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Metrics around collaboration and engagement are needed to give community managers tools to measure adoption and what is working and not as part of business transformation programmes. Suggestions could include impact metrics such as:
        Real-time metrics on the reach and impact of documents and conversations, including sentiment score, views, and shares.
        Engagement analytics: Track user engagement and interactions.
        Team health: Analyze key indicators of team growth and health (access, interaction, lurkers etc)
        Insights: Identify influencers and trending team names (de-dup/knowledge silos).

• Pierre Magloire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

What I would like is more of an auditing, I want to be able to know who have been reading my messages and who didn't and of course when they did.
        That functionality will assure me that my students really took the time to read the messages and when.

thanks

Pierre

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My idea was merged with this one but is not asking for the same thing. I am asking for more granular data. I am asking for a way to measure user activity by channel.

Person X participated in Y conversations in channel Z

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

I got this merge notification today. Not sure how are they related what usage reports per team for owners means is that there is and usage report for each team for the owners of that team. How ever reporting capabilities looks much more global for several teams. Could you please give us some feedback of what are you planning to develop in this sense.

Thanks in advance

Esther

An idea you supported (Usage reports per team for team owners) has been merged with a similar idea:
        supporters
        needs your feedback Reporting Capabilities
        Posted in Public » Admin Settings
        We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.
        We would like to have data capturing:
        1. Number of users enabled
        2. Number of daily active unique users
        3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
        4. Number of teams created
        5. Number of teams deleted
        6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
        7. How many calls made in Teams
        8. Number of files shared in channels
        9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time
        • Capture.PNG 30 KB
        Rachael Calthorpe on Jul 19, 2017 (86 comments)

• Andrew Piskai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with a lot of the sentiment below---having per Team feedback would be awesome---especially if integrated with Power BI. Needs to be filterable by different date horizons (week, month, year, lifetime?).
        -# of Posts
        -# of Likes
        -# of Comments
        -# of special content shared (i.e. the clown award) for posting GIFs, etc.

It'd be nice if slicing/dicing by Channel were an option too.

• Michael Hughes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with Peter below, Owners of individual teams should be able to track usage (just like usage metrics in Power BI)

• S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much support this idea as a project manager. Please include this in the next iteration of Teams. Thanks!

• Peter McDermott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great for IT managers, but what about End Users? It would be awesome if end users (project managers) had a way to see how people are engaging with an individual team.

• Luke Kelsall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reports as they currently are mean little to nothing. Per Team usage stats would certainly be useful and the ability to pull these stats from an API for internal reporting. Currently we have productivity reporting which measures stats from our helpdesk and trello using REST api calls, I would love to include teams in the reporting but this needs to be team specific so I can tailor this to departments.

• DS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like the ability to generate reports based on specific Teams, not just the whole tenant.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base