How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make a post or comment Actionable

Had an interesting use case pop up today -- one of my team members sent a review request as an email to the team with a link to a Teams-based document. When I asked why she sent an email, she said she considers email to be more "visible" than things in Teams, and that sometimes things are lost in Teams.

Further investigation concluded that if we had the ability to convert conversations or bits of conversations into actionable items and add reminders/notifications to those somehow, the tool would be infinitely easier to use.

I think it is critical to have the ability to make a post or comment "actionable". Actionable means turn it into something with both state and timing. For example, today in Outlook I can create an Outlook Task from something and assign it a state ("in progress") and a timing ("notify me in 1 day" or "due on X/Y/Z at HH:mm").

We currently have the ability to bookmark/save posts or comments, but this does not provide me with "actionable" results. To accomplish this, I have to copy and paste into a different application and maintain synchronization between them.

A cheap solution would be, as suggested elsewhere, categorized bookmarks -- so I could create a category called "TODO" and another called "In progress". When I want to remember to do something, I'd bookmark it into the TODO category; when I start working on it, I re-categorize it to "In progress". However, this provides no timing and no notifications for me and is essentially a very dumbed-down solution.

Ideally, I'd be able to create a Planner task from a post or comment and then I would have a visual on what I need to do, along with moveable state AND notifications.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Rudman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.