How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

video meeting participant layout

Currently each participant in a meeting gets equal layout space wether the camera is on or off. If one participant is presenting using the Camera, I want to see that one camera instead of a slice of everyones camera equally. I should be able to change the layout so I only see the image of a selected participant or the image of the person currently talking.

214 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricardo.arroyo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jayson Holley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This layout thing is epically horrible. It splits the camera when in side-by-side so you can only see half the room. Total and complete failure/oversight on Microsoft's part.

• Sung Duc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are adopting MS TEAMS as we are moving our workloads to O365. To be an enterprise grade VC solution, this feature is needed. There is little value having a VC call with more than 3 different room calling in and not been able to see anyone.

• Austin Jabs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please give this option, Microsoft. This is one of the best parts of Bluejeans, another video service we use. With Bluejeans, we have the option for several different styles on the layout during video calls. this modification would push more people to Teams IMO

• Keith Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is an issue - can't see half the people that are talking in a large room meeting so what's the point of video conferencing then?! All I would want is the ability to pick which person/room I want to view full screen and I'd be happy. :)

• Edwina Revell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run our company all-hands and people in our organisation to be able to have the speaker (our CEO) as the main pane on the Teams call. Or at least be able to choose.

• Marc LaFleur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who regularly attends large meetings with both shared slides and active cameras, this is a big problem for me. What I need is the ability to select which elements are shown and which are hidden (i.e. show the shared content and the primary conference room camera but hide the rest).

• Jo Rolland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a critical feature of a video conferencing solution. can't believe this is on the backlog and not been prioritised. This will really impact the adoption and roll-out across organizations

• Ammon Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We sorely need this so we can use Teams to include remote participants in an on-site meeting - we want them to see the white board and the board room, not the faces of other remote participants.

• Allison Treulich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am amazed that this has still not been addressed. Had a disastrous company meeting this morning because none of my remote salespeople could see the entire conference room.

VERY disappointed.

• Alvin Yip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To compare those telepresence solution, the MSTeams not even lack of the video meeting layout control from the host but also not allow a dual screen support to split video into one screen, and the computer desktop / application into a second screen which is a very crucial feature for business and enterprise user to provide a rich communication to the near and far sides.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video layouts and customization are a must, especially since Teams is competing with WebEx and Zoom.

• Joose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Atleast implement spotlight lock, this is really frustrating not being able to see properly if using just one camera.

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same issue that Jakub described on Feb 5: "Any layout customisation would be nice. If you have a 3 way call between three meeting room, all you can see is middle portions of two of those meeting rooms. Sides are cut off, so people not sitting in the middle are not visible at all."

We had our first video conference using Teams on Tuesday and none of the participants could see anyone in either conference room, just a tiny slice of each room was visible. We need to be able to resize or adjust the layout so that we can see everyone.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add best options of competitive products: Zoom, BlueJeans, etc.

• Show all (non-phone) participants
    • Show a single participant ("Pin")
    • Show talking participant/camera

• Jakub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any layout customisation would be nice. If you have a 3 way call between three meeting room, all you can see is middle portions of two of those meeting rooms. Sides are cut off, so people not sitting in the middle are not visible at all.

A cumbersome workaround at the moment is to resize Teams window to take only top 50% of the screen, then it all scales down and everyone is visible.

It would be nice to have a choice to show 100% of the video instead of cropping.

• Anthony Elgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Skype for Business being integrated into Teams, will we have better control over the participant layouts?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have offices in multiple locations and use teams when we inform our staff. When we all connect, we lose the chance to follow the speaker in a good way. We would like to have the opportunity to choose which participants we want to see in the big window so we can more easily attend the meeting.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base