How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Manual Away Settings and Status Text Box

The R/G/Y status indicator doesn't work. It seems to drive itself which is pointless. We need to be able to manually set it like Skype.

Of greater importance is the status TEXT. We MUST have this to show if we are traveling and when in the next 2 days, and when we have PTO. If we're heads down and don't want contact but will accept contact if needed, we need to set to Green and have that text in there. We're a 100% remote team and must rely on Teams for this.

PS - We're planning on sunsetting Slack for this, including numerous external contractor and customer users but this is required for our adoption. Optimally we could set different statuses visible to different "user groups" such as contractors vs clients vs our own team. But don't make nav complicated on it.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd vote for this a thousand times if I could. Having an all day meeting invite on your calendar should not force you into an Out of Office status. At the very least we should have the option to override this from within the Team app rather than having to edit the meeting.

• Malin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would like to be able to set status like "Vacation", "Working remotely" and "Sick".

• Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like my status to automatically go to Do not Disturb outside of the work hours I set in Outlo of work hoursok without having to create calendar events.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it will add value if in my Teams account I can set some 'status' text so that in addition to 'busy' or 'do not disturb' I can say something like, 'for today, these are my focus:... ' then my teammates would know what I am doing

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.