How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Fix Planner / Teams interface

I created a Plan in a Teams channel and added some tasks with assignments to team members. Feeling constrained by the Teams UI, I clicked the icon on the teams plan page to open the planner website. In planner I can see the plan but it has no tasks in it. But on the "My Tasks" page of planner, my assigned tasks are displayed. I can't figure out how to tell planner about the tasks in this plan.

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin Sykes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No question this feature is buggy. Planner tab loads intermittently, having to resort to web client to use. As of this morning (8:20AM EDT), planner tab won't load and web client not working as well! Please address this defect ASAP. Is Redmond (and associated infrastructure) still on long holiday weekend?

• Peter Holm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to use Planner in Teams to keep track of tasks. But it is not possible to add comments to a task which makes it useless goning back to Trello...

• KevinW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs more votes. Any planner created in teams does not show correctly in the Planner website or mobile app.

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree we have over 7500 people in our organisation that we are trying to get them using teams as the main application that integrates all others. But integrating Planner in such a basic way spoils the teams idea, no charts and my tasks tab makes it a big complected dumping ground.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed and seeing this as a big constraint to adopting this in our organisation

• Jackie Orlando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! There should be a way to see an aggregated view of all planner tasks in subchannels of a parent group. We are using a Team to manage a program of projects with channels for the individual projects. Lack of this capability prevents having a singular view of all work from a program level.

Also - creating a new plan in planner should NOT automatically create an entire new group with a sharepoint space, calendar, etc etc. Not every plan needs all these bells and whistles -- this should be optional.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree here. I started a Plan using planner in teams site, which is OK - but am not able to view charts to report on progress. My Plan shows up in the planner site, but no tasks are there.

• Ben Stegink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just encountered this today myself. The whole Planner/Teams integration interface is broken:
        1. If I create a new Plan in a Teams Channel, I can't see it in the planner site
        2. If I create a new Plan in Planner and try to associate an existing plan to a teams channel I can't b/c it creates a new group. Associate to an existing plan only looks at plans within the group associated with the team
        2. There is no way to create a second plan in an already existing group, so that I could associated said new plan with the corresponding channel within the team.

A little confusing, but definitely broken. Especially if you want to use the planner app with planner plans created in teams :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base