How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Sort Contacts

Allow users to sort the contacts in chat, the same way you can in Skype for Business - by Groups/Teams, Status, Relationships, New - and perhaps add the Recent and Suggested as tabs there as well.

305 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams lost a lot of the functionality of Skype for Business. It is not ready for deployment. Losing the contacts by status, and many other functions, makes is virtually useless.

• Angelo Fazzina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we are being forced to migrate from Skype for Business to TEAMS and i find it not user friendly you can't sort all your contacts by their status ?! It was nice to see only the people online that i could chat with, and not have to search a huge list to see who is available or offline. :-(
    -ALF

• Angelo Fazzina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we are being forced to migrate from Skype for Business to TEAMS and i find it not user friendly you can't sort all your contacts by their status ?! It was nice to see only the people online that i could chat with, and not have to search a huge list to see who is available or offline. :-(
    -ALF

Agree with all these:
    " Teams Chat Contacts custom sorting should be exactly like in Skype4B or better.

Not just only in Groups but also NOT alphabetically ordered. It should be in personally preferred order

It should remember which Groups are expanded.

It chould be compact, with smaller or optional user avatars.

The complete list or atleasst 40 contacts should be possible to overview at a glance without scrolling.
    "

... and Favourites should be optional. I have no use whatsoever for a Favourites sorting that automatically sorts on top.

Teams Chat Contacts custom sorting should be exactly like in Skype4B or better.

Not just only in Groups but also NOT alphabetically ordered. It should be in personally preferred order

It should remember which Groups are expanded.

It chould be compact, with smaller or optional user avatars.

The complete list or atleasst 40 contacts should be possible to overview at a glance without scrolling.

Sorting contacts is vital. Right now it doesn’t seem to sort by anything. Just first or last name would be better than what’s happening, now. Ideally, give the user the choice to sort by first or last.

My is not a comment but about a link up to your country,this a bit of me!!!!am a Ghanaian footballer that has plays a lot of teams in Ghana,and need a team in Bahamas to play,please weather a phone number or a mail to please talk to some of the bosses.tank u for your quick respond.

chat groups expand each condensed group every time I leave and return to the chat window. How can this be corrected?

Would love to have sort features for alphabetically as well as sort by who is online versus who is not rather than having to scroll down through all.

• Zeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business allows me to manually sort the Chat Groups into the order that is useful to me: most commonly used at the top of my list. I need that functionality in Teams.

Also, Chat expands each condensed group each time I leave and return to chat.

I typically have 40 or so contacts in chat, all of which I communicate with at least weekly. The ability to sort alphabetically would be so helpful, and the ability to filter to who is on like would be amazing!

• Tomoko Mikami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire team requests the ability to move Groups under Contacts tab in the order you prefer. Currently, the Contacts tab is extremely difficult to use. Users need the ability to organize their Contacts in the order they want.
    As a Supervisor of two separate groups, I use the Contacts tab to check that both groups are Online before doing a group chat. At this time, I cannot move these two Groups next to each other to fit my needs. I would like to strongly request a Move Up and Down option for Groups under Contacts tab.

• AC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe the ability to sort alphabetically and by online status is not available yet. This is such a basic feature, it should have been available in the initial release!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to sort the chat contacts alphabetically so you can quickly scroll to the right person.

The contacts are difficult to find
    Sorting the contacts should be in the first release
    Beside this the names are last, first but the icons show the name as first initial last initial
    MS teams seems to be pre-alpha

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.