How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

759 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

225 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to this, I can't change from OOO to available and in the task bar Teams is showing as Do Not Disturb.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah same as many are saying, a number of our users are showing as OOO and are unable to change this.

Yep. It keeps resetting my "Do not disturb" status back to "Available". Absolutely unacceptable.

• Shruki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come-on guys, get to it. This is basic functionality that's STILL not working right.
        The amount of times I see all of my contacts as offline, having to wait darned minutes for Teams to have a think about it then show me their actual status. It's pretty sad.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does MS not respond to this thread. This is a major issue people are screaming about and the last update was in January almost 7 months ago. This is a ridiculous issue that is causing real pain for probably, tens of thousands of people. Just fix it, stop adding new unnecessary features and make this thing work for what 90+ percent of us use it for. Once it is working well, then start adding bells and whistles.

Just FYI, I'm sitting here staring at my status as out of office, when I returned two days ago. Does anyone have a workaround for this ridiculous issue?

• Mikey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't set my own status or see anyone else's status either. Using teams on mac and in chrome. None work. All statuses are white even when I try to change it to online. Works fine for the rest of the team on the same network.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi we have a few users that have reported this incorrect status. Teams shows you OoO. same status on web as desktop. Have tried clearing users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams Cache folders as MS tech requested but still same issue

• Shona Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The status not being accurate causes issues within the remote workforce community and does not show proficiency in a day to day activity of an individual. The resolution should be top priority with so many using this feature.

• Claudia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our entire office continues to struggle with inaccurate status as well. I have several colleagues today showing out of office and can't get it to change. They have no out of office set in Outlook.

• AG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot change my status to available from out of office. When I switch it, it automatically goes back.

• Chris Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be patient folks, the fix will be pushed to your tenants soon, it's been rolling out and it's light years better and actually works now.

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want my status to be dictated by my Outlook. Is there a way to change this yet?

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams on my computer shows incorrect status, and will not Change. However, on my app (Android) I can change my status and on the app shows correct status. Skype seems to be ok, it shows correct status, not correct status color.

Status in Teams just does not work. We have been struggling with it for few months. We switched from slack to teams and now we are looking to get back to slack and ditch Teams. How hard can this be to fix?

• Rita B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this correction? Mine is showing out of office when I am not. I surely hope it is not connected to the outlook calendar as I ALWAYS have items on my calendar that have nothing to do with my availability to interact with teams.

If it is connected to outlook, please tell me how to disconnect it.

• Cfellenbaum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The status functionality of Teams is ... completely dysfunctional. I just hate it. Bottom line is I need to be able to set my status manually with a few clicks to what I want it to be. Period.

I do NOT want my Outlook calendar to supersede or override this, or at least not without my having a choice in the matter. I wish we had never changed to this misbehaving app, and that we were still on Slack, or even Skype for that matter!

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? We are getting a lot of negative feedback about the inconsistent presence in Teams. To list some of these: not consistent with Skype, doesn't respond when it has manually been changed, not linked to Exchange calendar at all to show as busy when in a meeting, presence seems to be shown as Available if connected in Mobile app regardless of current's actual status (does mobile status override the desktop one?). This is really not helping with adoption so appreciate if you could prioritise it

Feedback and Knowledge Base