How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

759 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

225 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so frustrating as a number of staff have come to me with this issue.... This has apparently been worked on since January! Any update?

• flanhaw guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this getting fixed. my status now always OOO, and all inbound voice calls going to voicemail !!!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this app still beta? When is there going to be any development done to fix these glaring problems?

I use Teams without Skype on only a single device (laptop). The status icon is sooo tiny and the status choices are sooo basic that I almost never change my status. If I do change my status and forget to set it back to "Available", this is preserved even across reboots whereas I expected it to auto-reset to available on launch. It should at least be a configurable option. People send me messages regardless so it means Teams status is pointless.

my status is alwasy OOO. I tried resetting the status on the app and it worked for a minute and then it went back to OOO, i tried changing the status on the web, desktop app and mobile and it doesn't work! Please fix

• Gabrielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this will be fixed? The status log needs to be fixed. There are times now when I'm not even online and it shows me as available. For someone going on leave soon, I don't want people to think I'm around when I'm not!

• Davi Pereira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something weird on Teams which keep my status as OOO even when I try to change it to Available!!!!!!

• Gary Stern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

status consistently changes to busy and I need to switch it back to available. very frustrating

BUSY STATUS ALWAYS COMES UP. AND WE ARE GETTING ANNOYED CHANGING TO AVAILABLE. IT'S BEEN MONTHS AND THIS IS ISSUE KEEPS GOING.

• CRW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. This totally doesn't work. What's the plan guys? Is there a fix? Or a discount? Something to help use the product effectively would be great.

• Trevor Munday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw my Teams status as being away and I couldn't change it manually. Then I noticed I had an Outlook pop up I hadn't viewed and the moment I viewed it my Teams was green active again. Seems that Teams interprets failing to view/action any other Office365 pop-up or activity (prompt for a meeting from Outlook or to save work when closing a Word doc for example) is seen as the user being away from their computer.

So if you see Teams as "away" then check if you have any Office apps asking for your attention.

• Joanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been experiencing this issue, with Teams saying I am Out Of The Office, despite my OOO is switched off in Outlook, and there is nothing in my calendar. This is confusing the rest of the team in other offices as they don't know if I am actually in or not!

• Paul Vercellotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this issue persists - I'm shown as OOTO, but I'm not (nor is my outlook calendar), and I can't manually change my status.

• Jarad Garlesky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are still having this today.... it keeps changing to Busy.... its been doing this for a few months now

• Shyju John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My status is always set to Out of Office permanent by Teams even though i try to change it manually to any other statuses

Feedback and Knowledge Base