How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

748 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

222 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ANY UPDATE HERE? we depend on Skype for Business everyday ….for EVERYTHING! Why can't Microsoft Provide answers?!

• MC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no kidding! why can't Microsoft get this stuff fixed?! stop releasing Alpha updates!

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this be resolved for IOS as well? I also have my Teams freeze up and I have to restart my computer to use it. Very frustrating!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Under old system if I was active on my desktop, it would update as available. Now it only updates if I'm active on teams/im. DO NOT LIKE

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just noticed an issue with one of our users where their out of office is not expiring within Teams and it will not allow them to even update their status, just remains as "out of office."

The latest update has screwed this up. Everyone in our company is showing as offline.

• Krista Wilder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be fixed ASAP. We switched from Skype to Teams to avoid this issue and with the most recent update it is back! I set my status to green but because I am working in a different window everyone on my team sees me as red. Please fix ASAP.

• Du Shruikan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still broken. In fact I swear it got worse with the recent update.
        This is core functionality dudes...come on!

• me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My status is constantly being changed to away or out of office. Can't you disable the automatic status changes? It's rubbish.

Seriously? We moved from Skype to Teams recently to avoid problems with status and call indication when the Win-10-Skype client is not a visible window. Skype gets worse and worse within the last year with this; currently, I have to leave it as an always open window to get any presence and notifications working at all.

And now we switched to Teams and the presence doesn't work at all. I'm sitting directly beneath my collegue, my presence is green (for me), the window is open, but in his client im am shown as offline while we chat and do test calls. Then sometimes online for a while, then offline again, completely messed up. He is shown online for me all the time (he is on a Mac, im am on Win 10).

I've had the same problem lately as Teams shows me as "busy" sometimes, even if my Outlook calendar doesn't have any meeting during that time (actually sitting at my desk working and Teams shows "busy"...).

I've had a few instances where the Teams icon in the task bar was showing a red dot (busy), so I expanded its window and the icon changed to "available" on its own, as if Teams went in sleep mode since I hadn't accessed it in a while (and was showing busy because of it) and opening it took it out of sleep mode and changed status to available.

Almost like this was Facebook and your friends can see if you're logged in or not...which I guess can me useful if it means that in Teams your staff can know if you're "at your desk" or not, that way if they send you something, they know they can expect a quick reply.

There should be two kinds of statuses : one that's synced with Outlook calendar (you're in a meeting, out of the office...) and another that shows if you've accessed Teams recently, so people know if there's a chance you'll soon see their post. If I'm on the phone for 1,5 hours with a client and I haven't expanded the Teams window in a while, then people should know not to expect a quick reply, even though I don't have a meeting scheduled at that time in Outlook.

• Dominic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are experiencing the same problems with status changes from available to offline or busy.
        I have installed the latest Teams Version, no updates were found

Mine seems to changing arbitrarily - one moment I am offline, next I am online, then busy. It is maddening! No rhyme or reason for the change either.
        Even trying to manually change it doesn't work.

I show my status as available, all others in my org see it as OOO. I have quit and restarted the app, logged out/back in, removed any potential calendar invites that might trigger the OOO message, and double-checked my own OOO message. Nothing has changed. Multiple people within my org have had this issue recently as well.

• Jacob Andersson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continue to see how my calendar automatically changes my status (I do NOT want that and have it disabled in Skype fB but cannot find a setting for it in Teams...) but we also experience how status get "stuck", in example was there one account now that lists as "Green" and Available even though his account is disabled in AD as he left the company a few weeks ago...
        When will these issues be fixed?!

• Jeremiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got bit by this today and it's the worst! Apparently it picked up that I'd accepted a meeting from my boss that was just a reminder that he would be "out of office" and so, since I accepted it, it set my status to out of office. I've since rejected the meeting but it still won't let me set my status back to active. This is on the 31st of August fully seven months after you said you'd started working on this issue.

I can see the value in automatically picking up on cues to intelligently set my status for me but, if nothing else, if I manually select a status, I should be able to override any and all other automatic processing of statuses while I'm active. I'm ok with the dumb idea of "inactive" if I'm not actively using teams coming back but certainly any other custom ones that were based on the calendar should simply go away for the rest of the day (at least) unless I re-select them.

This is so frustrating as a number of staff have come to me with this issue.... This has apparently been worked on since January! Any update?

• flanhaw guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this getting fixed. my status now always OOO, and all inbound voice calls going to voicemail !!!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this app still beta? When is there going to be any development done to fix these glaring problems?

Feedback and Knowledge Base